Monday, December 7, 2015

Painting chickadee's and happy birthdays~


Happy Birthday Colleen~
 
This post is quite late, we painted on Nov 30th. My friend Colleen celebrated her birthday on Dec 4th so I took the opportunity to celebrate her day that evening. So we went to a painting class and had some cupcakes and wine. It was a lovely evening spent with some good friends.
If you look closely to the right top corner you can see my friend Colleen, she sat across from me, lol and the face she is making is an inside joke. She is too funny, she finished the bottle of wine. Even though she was feeling pretty good and making funny faces she painted one hell of a picture.
Its not always a good thing for her and I too be together during art activities. We become haunted, seriously we took grade 12 art together and we were constantly in trouble. Mostly her fault...lol...my blog, my way!
 

So above is my started project, it took some time and some adjusting but within minutes I had it looking pretty darn good.'
Below is Karen's painting, she is becoming quite the painter. Her work is amazing, she was very helpful during the night...especially since the wine made me hot, red and distracted at times.
 



Colleen not even paying attention she's more concerned with filling her wine glass. lol..that's why I love her!!


I have my tree branch done, and I am really pleased with it!


I then started my pine leaves, Karen was kind enough to help out with mine. I made them very sharp, very prickly.
She helped me soften them, her picture is below. A beautiful start to her project.


As you can clearly see the picture below, no one was ready for my picture. LOL..Colleen (Birthday girl) is on the right, Colleen my other friend is on the left. Karen on the left with the purple top on and beside Colleen on the right is Lynn, she is also in purple and not looking at the camera.

Here you have it, my finished product. I absolutely love my painting. I have never come away from a painting this pleased with a project. This one I am proud of, and I already have it hanging in the livingroom.

The photo below is Colleen Carrigan's, she did a wonderful job too. At first she wasn't too happy with her little bird. But I think he looks a bit cartoonish and I quite liked it. He is cute...innocent and soft looking. She did a great job, and I hope she hung her's up as well.

Colleen M.'s picture below, she did a fantastic job. Love her's as well..even though she was half drunk, lol she pulled it off. It was a great night, I always have fun when painting. Social Art KW is such a great event. Rachel is one heck of an instructor who brings a good time every week. I love her studio, its the perfect atmosphere to have a girls night, date night or just a quiet reclusive night.
 
 When I was planning to celebrate Colleen's birthday while painting I thought cupcakes would be a great idea. Who doesn't love cupcakes on their birthday? I wanted to get a good pic of the moment too..and I wanted to be able to send her home with a picture to remember this night by. So I brought Kailey's polaroid camera to do just that. Look how cute the pictures turned out. I love them.
 
Well my lovelies, I am off. I am so behind on blogging. I've been very busy with work. It's just stuff that takes up time. Like phone calls and coffee meetings at Tim Hortons. Discussing the changes to peoples lives. What we can do to make things easier. I love it...but it certainly take away from my day.
With that, good night my friends and god bless~
 

5 comments:

  1. I hung mine up right away too. I was pretty pleased with it. Can't wait to do the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These painting classes are such a wonderful birthday gesture. You all did a great job on your paintings. Happy Birthday Motty.
    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. These painting classes are such a wonderful birthday gesture. You all did a great job on your paintings. Happy Birthday Motty.
    Love you guys

    ReplyDelete