Friday, December 4, 2015

Baby Blair, Annie and growing up MacPhee~

This picture below is not Baby B, this beauty is Baby B's momma. 
Last Sunday we celebrated my cousin Annie's baby 1st birthday. That's Annie below when she was probably just over 1 year old. 


You know I'm quite a bit older than most of my cousins. Which for me has kinda sucked. I didn't have the opportunity to "hang out" with them. We didn't grow up spending christmas's together around the same dinner table. Our grandparents lived in Nova Scotia so we didn't all congregate towards their house for fun filled festivities. 
We did however see them over the holidays, they always visited at my parents house. When I got older and moved out, my parents would still go see them all. But I was at that age around 20 years old where I had moved out and now had another family to accommodate into my Christmas plans. Even though, I didn't see them often they were never far from my thoughts. I loved each of them dearly. 
There's an unspoken bond between us "MacPhee" kids, we all know what it's like to be raised by a crazy family! Each one of us sporting a parent from the descendants of MacPhee. Not always easy, but for sure always fun. 
So you see here below is Annie holding my baby. She is holding Kailey, and in this moment although Kailey was a baby...to me so was Annie. Just a little girl with the brightest spirit I ever did see. 


So it seems unreal to me, that last Sunday we celebrated Annie's baby's birthday. I don't know where the time has gone. One minute ago they were all holding Kailey, and now we are holding their babies. All of my cousins babies.


It was quite the celebration, she had so many kids there. Such cute little ones all excited to play games, eat cake and smash the hell out of a princess piñata that they knew was filled with candy. The little guy sitting on the chair in the picture above is Annie's nephew Nolan. He is Karrie's youngest. He just turned 3 and my goodness he looks like he should be in kindergarten. Karrie has 2 gorgeous smart kids, and she is doing an amazing job as a mommy and wifey. I'm so proud of the woman she is.
I'm not going to go into too much about all of my cousins, just because I will someday blog about my amazing family. But today I wanted to focus on how fast life goes, and I wanted to express in a short post how much they all mean to me. 
 

Here is Baby Blair (named after her grampy MacPhee). I stole this pic from Annie because sitting on Blairs lap is the little Rapunzel doll we got her for her birthday. Nothing makes me happier than knowing I made a little girl happy.
Below Annie and her family, such a beautiful bunch. My dad and I didn't stay too long for the celebrations, but I was happy we went. I want each one of you to know I try my best. I want to be there for all of you as much as I can. I have a crazy busy hectic life which has thrown a lot on my plate, and trust me when I say..it hasn't gotten any lighter. It's full but it's enriched. Each one of you adds a special something in my life, and I hope that I am giving that back to you in the best way I can.
 
One of the things I have always loved and admired about my family is their ability to always look past the challenges we had to face with Braden. What I mean by that is it didn't matter where we were or what family function we had, each one of my cousins jumped in with both feet and interacted with both my kids. I mean, no questions asked. Annie must have been only 10 years old or so, she had no fear or no concerns about getting down to floor level and playing with him. Sometimes approaching him would have been intimidating for a young girl. He at times had oxygen, braces and he couldn't walk around. He was stationed, and she always made sure she made him laugh~
All of my cousins made sure Braden was included, the kids would come to him and play. I loved that about my family.
So on this day when we were celebrating Baby Blair, I really wanted Annie to know she means a lot too me. Both her and her sister, and I love them and I love the women they are becoming and so proud of the mom's that they are.
I know that I am a bit older than all of you, and I have missed out on a lot of your lives while you grew up. Please know if you ever need me, I am always here...that goes to all of you.
Someday I will divulge further into family, life growing up MacPhee.
Tonight this post is for Annie, and her always smiling self.  The one who made me smile at gatherings when I worried so much about who would sit and play with Braden~
YOU are awesome, what a wonderful birthday you had for Blair. She is such a lucky baby to have all of you loving her!
Well my lovelies, I am off for the night~ Until tomorrow good night and god bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment