Sunday, August 23, 2015

Fashion Friday~A wedding to Remember!


Happy Friday Friends!! This Friday our family had a wedding to attend. Our nephew Josh and his beautiful bride Ana tied the knot. SO naturally as this day approaches I go into hysterics because I can NEVER find any type of dress to fit my body type. It is the biggest non-important struggle of my life. It  is something I have had problems with my whole life, mostly because I am terribly short. Secondly, as I gained weight I sadly gain it all in the middle. This leaves me with the dreaded "Apple shape". That's any woman's worse fear, you see...because I am larger around the middle I have to buy bigger sizes. But then I have these incredibly fine looking, toned, tanned thin legs that drown in a sea of material due to the over sized circumference of my middle. Its just so ridiculous. I can't even shop for a nice pant suit without having alterations done to it that I could seriously come away with a whole new outfit from the material being shaved away to accommodate these legs.
I am tired of stressing, crying and getting angry trying to find just the right outfit. This wedding I got smart. I did a lot of research and really took my time finding something that I knew would work for my Apple Body.
Knowing that my best bet would be to look at Petite stores again cause I'm 5 foot nothing, off we went to Laura Petite. I tried on 4 dresses and then found this one, and you know what? It was the most comfortable, flattering dress I have ever owned. It is amazing what a dress can do to someone's confidence.
I haven't always had that problem, I didn't start gaining weight until I was in my 40's. Well I have always been short, but the weight struggle didn't happen until my 40's. I am however back on track and working very hard to get rid of some of this apple body.


Here I am with Paul, seeing some of these pictures confirmed to me I had made the right choice~
I was very comfortable and felt great, we stayed until almost the end and danced a few dances with family. It was a lovely evening, and an absolutely beautiful wedding.

I wanted to share with you some dresses that I had looked through while searching for a dress to suit my body. So my friends if I have any other Apple body types out there, this is the style for you~





This one here I feel is stunning, if you are a tall apple body type you could totally keep it long. I however would have too shorten it. Bring it up just over the knee, show off some of my sexy legs~

I loved this one below too...the cape effect is great. Totally me~
I know there are many other body types and maybe next Fashion Friday i'll divulge into the other types. I wanted to share with you my diliama and what I did to make it better for myself.

I want to share with you some photos from the wedding. I have to say it was one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever been at. Ana and Josh made their day so elegant, classy and personal. They had so many personal effects throughout their wedding that made it just their own. We had a wonderful time, and loved spending an evening with family.
Below is the head table with the Bride and groom and wedding party. Stunning table~

Some of the nieces and nephews at their table. We are one blessed family to have such great kids,
they are all close and love spending time together.

And here is all the adults/parents.  Clearly another good looking group.

Kailey with her Uncle Dave and Uncle Thom~

Guess who caught the garter...yep the boy did!

Here are some of the personal touches that I loved so much. It was an outdoor wedding and while the guests waited for the Bride we could help ourselves to fresh lemonade or cold water.

The sign is adorable~
 
 
Here comes the Bride
Ana if you are reading this I want you to know you were a beautiful bride.  Your wedding was gorgeous and we had the best time ever~ I wish you all the best in life, and I know I don't have to tell
 you that you have married one hell of a guy! Welcome to the family darling,  we've certainly gained one special woman.

Well my lovelies, I hope everyone has had a fantastic Friday. Until tomorrow my friends good night and god bless~~ xo

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly Chris that dress looks great. You and Paul aren't one dashing couple. So nice to see Kailey and the B so grown up and gorgeous. Love following your blog--your life is so interesting!! Warm hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so why from my phone does it have me as Paul??!!?? I don't have a.clue how to change that. Not that Paul doesn't agree with my comments, but it's meeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thank you Jill....i'm not sure why it says Paul either but I was pretty impressed! ;) Thank you for reading, I so appreciate that you do! Hope you are well, I miss you!!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures. Chrissy you made the right choice. The dress you wore was beautiful and you looked amazing in it. I know its hard buying clothes. I am feeling the same way. Buying clothes is now a nasty chore I hate. When I was thinner never a problem. You looked wondeful my friend. You all did.

    ReplyDelete