Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Watermelon cupcakes in a Jar

Well this one my friends was a pinterest kinda fail.....lol its suppose to be a watermelon looking cupcake in a jar. I will share with you the link I got this idea from. You can sort of see the 2 shades of green cake in the bottom of the jar. The icing is my own recipe that I got from a friend, its a buttercream icing. I colored the icing to make it pink, and added the mini chocolate chips to look like seeds.
I think what I should have done was made homemade cake not the box one. When I tried to punch out circles to in the cake for the jars the cake pretty much crumbled. It was too moist, too fluffy...so if you do this, use a homemade cake recipe. Sometimes they come out more dense, easier to work with.
 
 
So here is the link so you can try your own watermelon cupcake in a jar ;)
 
 
Ok my lovelies, there it is...help yourself. I am off for the evening. I hope you are all well and enjoying this summer. I have received a couple very nice emails and want to thank each of you who read, share and inspire this blog.
Until tomorrow friends goodnight and god bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment