Thursday, July 23, 2015

Martz Stag n Doe congrats Jay n Laura

 
Last weekend we celebrated With Jay and his fiancé Laura's up coming wedding. The wedding party hosted a wonderful Buck n Doe. It was a well run event that looked to be a pretty big success. 
About a month ago we also celebrated our nephew Josh and his fiancé Ana's Buck n Doe as well, they had a wonderful turn out and the events of their night was exciting.
So much has changed over the years with throwing these types of parties or events. I had no idea todays generation focuses more on games, and fun then drinking and dancing. Don't get me wrong, there was lots of dancing and fantastic music but the amount of games and raffles really kept you busy. I like it, I really enjoy the social aspect of these new generational Buck N Does. So many games and interaction amongst the guests. Not to mention the bride and groom to be make a lot of money to help with future costs.
Below is a picture of Gramps playing one of the hockey games. The concept of this game was too shoot the ball into point appointed cups. 5 points for the middle and 2 points for each side cup, the person with the most points wins the game. The cost for this game was 5.00 dollars for 8 shots (Paul thinks that's what it was?)


  The game below was one that I definitely want for the cottage. It looked soooo fun, I believe Jay made the back board. Anyways you take a nerf gun and stand a certain length away. The object is too get the nerf dart into the circle. Each hole has a number value, and you can shoot 6 darts for each 5.00 dollars spent. The first prize winner with the most points won a 32" TV...how amazing is that??

Here is Paul at one of the tables where you can drop a loonie into a shot glass, but the bucket is filled with water so it makes it almost impossible. If you got the loonie into the shot glass you'd get a free drink, Paul won this one of course.


And here are the kids ripping up the dance floor, not the best picture but you get the point. They had such a good time, its nice too see everyone letting loose and just enjoying the night.


Below is a picture of our oldest nephew Steve, he is Jay (Groom)'s older brother who lives in Scotland with his family. He is the proud father of 2 gorgeous kids and a husband to Eva. The whole family is here for 2 weeks, and then come October for Jay and Laura's wedding only Steve will be returning. Its sad they all can't be here, but the kids had 5 weeks alone with their grandparents and then 2 weeks as a family. I know they had lots of time with their Uncle Jay and Aunt Laura. Their presence will be missed at the wedding, but i'm happy they had a great time here for the summer.




The hall was stunning, the guests were happy and the atmosphere was perfect.

I had to ask my niece Amy to send me a few pics she took from the night, although Paul does a great job getting me some pics he never really gets any up close and personal ones. So here is a selfie with Paul, Kathy, Amy and Thom. Bunch of cuties...
Not the most flattering picture of myself, but here I am with Amy and my sister in law Sue, love these girls!

Over all it was a great night, I am so happy for Jay & Laura. We've had lots of Martz time this summer. I have to say I quite like it!!
Well my lovelies, I am off for the night. Until tomorrow good night and god bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment