Thursday, June 21, 2012

New Scalloped Potatoe and Ham casserole...


 On Monday I made a ham for dinner..it was the kind that you boil for most of the day. It was a big one, and with just the 4 of us we don't normally eat a whole ham. I had a ton of left overs..so i went online to find some recipes were I could use some of this left over ham...and I found this one! Overall it was pretty good..Paul felt it was missing some vegetables so I suppose if I were to do it again i'd add some corn or green peas..maybe even some brocoli. It was good...I also should have added some bacon bits..i think that would have completed the whole recipe! I thought i'd share this one as i'm sure many of you run into the same problem. This recipe calls for sliced deli ham...I just used my boiled dinner ham..it was even better!


What You Need
4-1/2 lb. red potatoes (about 13), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
1 tub (500 mL) fat-free sour cream
1 cupCheez Whiz Light Cheese Spread
9 oz. (255 g) deli smoked ham, chopped
4 green onions, sliced
1/4 cupKraft 100% Parmesan Light Grated Cheese

Make It

HEAT oven to 350°F.
COOK potatoes in boiling water in Dutch oven 10 to 12 min. or until tender; drain.
PLACE 1/4 of the potatoes in large bowl. Add sour cream; mash until smooth. Add Cheez Whiz, ham and onions; mix lightly. Gently stir in remaining potato slices. Spoon into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with Parmesan.
BAKE 30 min. or until heated through

No comments:

Post a Comment