Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Busy, busy,busy....

Sorry Zeta's my life has taken a quick shift into busyness...and I have had no time to keep up lately with my posts. With having to go to Hamilton two times a week, I've been preoccupied. I have not given up and will have some good stuff for tomorrow. I must tell you about my experience in the waiting room today. I was so god damn upset...this incident pissed me off! The thing is when stuff like this happens it just brings back memories and makes me want to get out of this situation. As I was sitting in the waiting room for Braden to finish his therapy, there was a lady and her personal support person sitting behind me. I was reading my book trying so hard to ignore the conversation that was going on between them. The one developmentally delayed lady was probably in her thirties, and from what i could gather she lived in a group home. I heard them talking first about the Duggars(TLC family) and all their children, and the developmentally delayed girl actually started to comment about the Duggars sex life, as much as I wanted to not listen to them...oh god I needed to hear what she had to say! It was quite the conversation, I had a few chuckles, but then it turned into something that I wish i couldn't hear. The one lady made a comment about how lucky the Duggars family is to not have any disabled children. The lady said it would be terrible to have a disabled child. The delayed lady then says, ya I can,t imagine how hard it would be to have a disabled child. That would be terrible, those poor parents. I did everything that i could to keep it in perspective and remember where it was coming from...I mean seriously! Talk about setting the tone for the rest of my day though, after that i was off a bit it until we were driving home. Braden had me in stitches laughing about his new adventures in this clinic. He loved it, and he is meeting so many people. It's a great opportunity for him, the service and support system is amazing especially for young adults.
There are service there to help him get ready for college, and there is even a travel agent available to help him with his traveling hopes and dreams. He really wants to go to Europe this year, so hopefully we can get some good help from this travel agent. Well my friends its been another exhausting day! So I'm going to say good night and god bless my lovelies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment