Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's My Party...

Ok, well something that you may not know is how rough of a week I had last week. Things could have went down completely differently if the boy hadn't have gotten so sick. Like I had previously posted I had a couple sleepless nights, filled with crazy busy days. I CANNOT get into the work that is involved when B becomes ill. I HAVE to respect his privacy. I am also NOT complaining, I am fortunate enough to be a "stay at home" mom who can commit my time and energy to him...and I am blessed and thankful for that! However, what you do not know, or can understand is how an illness effects him...its a whole lot different from the way it would effect you or I. My time and days are spent, literally tending to needs of a fragically ill teen boy. Once again...there will be no details as I love and respect B's privacy.
So, with that said my 40th birthday was going to be spent watching a movie with a friend and sharing a bottle of wine.


I was too tired for company, I did not want to host people here and B definatly didn't want people here. Up until Saturday morning we were going to cancel the plans...but then B stopped throwing up and said that as long as no one comes in to bug him *wink wink* and respected his wishes he would be fine with having my time and attention shifted towards a night spent with girlfriends. Needless to say...it was a good choice. A few very important friends came over with snacks and drinks, it was going to be an early night, we would look at pictures, share stories, drink wine, listen to oldies and maybe show our new dance moves...that would only be if the wine was making us feel right.
Everything was going good, I had decided to try a new "special martini" and it turned out to be a hit. It was very difficult to stop at one drink...they really were tasting so good. Unfortunately due to lack of knowledge...this drink was one of surprise~
We were not expecting the severe reaction followed by consumption!! The side effects were hilarious...check out the pictures below!! My friends were definatly NOT themselves..it was like I didn't even know them! LOL..

I can't even begin to explain what was happening here...this picture should be censored, LOL, if you can just use your imagination and if you know Colleen and Michelle and know them together...i'm sure you could figure it out!

My birthday was outrageously fun, we had lots of laughs...lots of talking and sharing. It was a night of girl things..only meant for girls!
I truly felt loved, we each had stories to share of the significance of our friendships...why each person was so important to me! I literally had 5 of my most favorite friends there...from my longest friendship down to my newest friendship...it was a night to remember!
Thankfully do to good choices...I will always remember!
My bestest Candy made me a DVD filled with wonderful pictures and memories of years past. So many pictures of us growing up and sharing moments in our lives that were so important. I absolutely love this DVD and will cherish it forever...thank you Candy~
I also was surprised with 2 gorgeous birthday cakes...one of the torso of a very fit young man with a "package" that was consumed by Michelle without even giving me a chance to cut into the cake..LOL..she really loves..c**k..(inside joke!)*giggles*

My ever so lovely friend Sue actually took the time to make me cake (picture below) of a candy box filled with chocolates. I think my favorite part of that cake was the tiny signature candy shaped dragonfly that she uses to personalize her cakes. The symbolism of that dragonfly is in my heart...and I loved it! Thank you Sue for taking your time and spoiling me with a wonderful cake that my family and I enjoyed on my actual birthday.

Overall..I must say I am truly blessed with the best girlfriends anyone could ask for, I am so loved...and I felt it that whole night! Thank you ladies for a great night after such a tough week.

Colleen just staring out with on the drink of the night..things just got crazy from here!

Michelle and Heather...this was the beginning of the night before Michelle started to use her hands to talk and her n..... to ....!! Due to the graphic nature of the events followed I had to bleep out the words..sorry, as much as i'd love to share to boost blog views...I love Michelle to much to devuldge!! *Sigh* I do however have pictures that I will hold for future bribes!! Gotta love having the upper hand!

This is Sue actually enjoying her drink complete with ediable stars...which happened to be the highlight of the night *smiles*
I do believe this was the picture just before Michelle started to use her hands to talk in Italian again...right before Sue fatally lost her drink in an accident caused by flailing hands...I also lost a wonderful martini glass which was caught in the crossfire..LOL

Candy feeling no pain, listening to the stories, laughing, drinking and waiting patiently for us to get our shit together so we can go watch the DVD she worked so hard on! It was certainly worth the wait..and it was the perfect end to a perfect night!

Cake Balls...yep thats right we had a cake penis and cake balls...do you see a theme here?! These were a hit, soooo good, love them and once again thank you Sue for giving us a piece of heaven!

40 Candles...ya that's what it looks like!
The rest of the pictures were taken at the end of the night, before the girls were all being picked up!
Thanks again ladies for a wonderful night...just a couple of you yet to join the 40 club, I will be waiting!!



1 comment:

  1. lol it sure was a night to remember, with all the stuff that went down the week before I am so glad you were able to have us there to give something back to you, you are always entertaining and this was out turn to let you relax and have fun, although you hate giving up control. One of the best parts of the evening was you expressed deeply each of our friendships, and we got to express our years with you. The drinks were amazing, the talk had to be definatley censored lol, but we all were able to relax, unwind and enjoy ourselves with a true ladies night. Only 1 glass got caught in the crossfire we were good. lol. I am still laughing about the events and am glad we were all able to unwind talk, let things loose. Both cakes were amazing. Sue those chocolate balls were the best I ever had. Leaving me to want more lol. I am going to be contacting you for some I think for kelseys bday. Happy 40th my dear friend/sister. You truley gave us a night of laughs and we have plently more to look forward to. I love the pics. Sorry had to light 40 candles, glad my sleeves didnt catch on fire lol, since I was close a couple times. When we all meet again I am sure we will have plenty to say lol. You ispire us all, hang in there life is truley just beginning for us and I am looking forward to enjoying it with such a great group of people/friends! Love you lots, no black mail plz. lol, love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete