Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Something I want to touch on..


Well I have to admit lately I've been addicted, yep I've had a bit of an obsessive compulsion with reading blog of families who have severly disabled children. Sounds weird doesn't it? Now, I don't have hours to spend reading these blogs but I do check in daily and if I had the time I wouldn't leave this dimmly lit computer screen for the whole day. I do want to spend a copious amount of time on this topic, I just haven't figured out my feeling and thoughts regarding the issue. I mean, I do read many wonderful blogs about families who just live their lives to the fullest, filled with incrediable stories and pictures of their daily living. Families who share their happiness, hopes, dreams and at times unfortunatly sorrow, pain and guilt.
But there is something different in the world of families who have severly disabled children, something that I am trying to wrap my brain around...something I need to understand. Once I do understand it, I will share it with you.
As much as I can understand the feelings of living with physically disabled child, the fights, fears and frustrations that this society places on us.I still manage to find the happiness, love and the greatness that our lives have been filled with by having a child with a physical disability. This has been a new experience reading about some of these families thoughts and how they view their lives or their childs life. I am addicted, I am amazed and I am intrigued.
I will keep you posted, I am working on finding the right words to put in writing without implying something that may not be exactly how I feel...
I am so happy that I came back to blogging, this time its led me down a different path...just hope I don't stumble and lose track of the paths that i've already taken!

No comments:

Post a Comment