Friday, February 25, 2011

Prioritize...


Somedays really are a choice to be happy isn`t it? I mean, I have a choice today..I can be miserable, tired, frustrated, unhappy and overwhelmed OR I can put my prioritizes in order and say f**k it to everything else. I do firmly believe that the true success to happiness is being able to say F**k it to the things that really are not that important. So with that said the first thing I did was cancel a few appointments we had with some community services for Braden. No loss there...I am thankful for what the service can offer but I get sick and tired of having people in my house. Second, my house..it's not clean, deal with that! Third, the dogs..I currently have 4 dogs here and one very sick young man. I am packing up 3 of these dogs without ANY guilt and dropping them off at my parents house for the afternoon because I am just way to tired to deal with the barking, running in and out, fighting over toys and bones..etc. Fourth, food...I have no food in my house, and I don't care..we will continue to order in, eat fast food..as long as Braden can keep it down and doesn't throw up... and guess what?? NO guilt! That's right, I am going against everything I believe about eating out through the week and breaking down that barrier...for now! I mean come'on..priorities, right? On a side note...I had to cancel an evening of fun, games, movies and treats with my wonderful nephew! I am so disappointed as I am sure he is as well, we always have fun together!
So today's priorities are to get some rest, tend to the young man's needs, get him better, curl up watch a movie and maybe if I have any energy later...I'll tidy this house before I go back to get the dogs?? Let's hope things look up..I am suppose to have a few girlfriends over tomorrow night for some drinks! I will be sad if things don't get better, but like I said earlier...Priorities..right?
So back to the...lets choose positive.
Now that I have my priorities in order...I need to work on the power of positive thinking!
Here are 10 reason's to choose happy today..
1. There are only 2 more days that I will be alone, Paul will be back!
2. Braden will get better, its just going to take time.
3. I got to sleep in today after a long long night, thank goodness I am not working right now!
4. Braden's illness is not life threatening
5. My parents are in Las Vegas having the time of their lives
6. My parents will be back on Monday which means Mac will go home and I will return to only three dogs.
7. All of my family is safe and happy that's including all my Martz family
8. If all goes well...my friends will be here tomorrow for drinks.
9. I have the most comfortable bed in the world, and I can crawl into it very shortly
10..I have a fire going in my fireplace and its so comforting.
How can I not be happy with all those wonderful things that I have going for myself.
So, I am not going to let this low time bring me down, yes I have alot on my plate..but its nothing I can't handle, I've been through worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment