Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday's Portrait


Here is the second change to my blog that I have decided to do...I will take a picture from the past or present and describe what was going on at that time. This will give me the chance to reminisce and find the words that made me take the picture at that time. Obviously any picture that we take always has a meaning or a purpose. Each photo that I choose will have special memory or significance of any kind.
Today I found this picture of Kailey and Harley. Actually this picture was taken when Kailey was probably 4 years old and Harley was about 3 years old. When I got this picture developed it was chosen my the photo company to be used as a sample for picture sizes in the store. There they were..all blown up into diffent dimensions. I was pretty proud, it was one of my favourite pictures of the two of them. They were inseperatable, two peas in a pod...I think it was because Kailey was so young and didn't seem to pay attention to her food placement. Harley was an opportunist, of course he would hang with the little girl who carelessly dropped her cookies, crackers and at times..(which Harley knew was a score), her hotdog would tumble out of her little chubby hands right into Harleys ever waiting mouth.
I believe this day we were on Lake Erie, we had just upsized our boat. Paul of course wanted something bigger and better than the one we had. So this boat in particular was a 26'Larson with a cuddy below that allowed us to sleep on it. I did enjoy the boat when we had it, many summer's spent sitting on that thing drinking beer, listening to Journey (which my kids know by heart) soaking up the sun and relaxing usually after a very long week. It certainly was great family time spent together, especially when the kids were little and easier to make happy. We could dock the boat, walk to shore and enjoy the beach with the others. Or sometimes we'd tie a dingy to the boat and let the kids hang on tight while they floated tiredly along the shoreline. They were great years, Oh how I loved summer with a boat. Unfortunately as the kids got older, it was harder to get them to want to sit out on a boat,they eventually began to find it boring..unless they brought a friend with them..but that became work for us. The other down fall with having the boat was that also having a pool, we would do ALOT of entertaining through the week, people always coming for lunch, staying all after noon...of course it was great, tiring sometimes...but I loved every minute of it. When the weekend would roll around, it was difficult to want to have people come to the boat again we would be entertaining. I mean, it was nice and we have great friends who were very appreciative, but whenever anyone came up for a day..they would want to enjoy the time, relaxing, eating, laughing and lounging...we found it to be work after a few summers of that. We eventually sold the boat, and Paul did have a very hard time with that. Sometimes, I tell him to go get another SeaDoo boat, something that seats maybe 6 people...Braden could even drive it. I do think we will see another boat in our future, we love that life. Its just not time yet, soon I hope...I do kinda miss it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment