Thursday, April 29, 2010

BBQ Season...


Tonight felt like the official start to our bbq season. We have bbq'd over the winter when it was mild out, but the difference between tonight and winter bbq's is obviously the weather and frame of mind. It was so beautiful out this evening, we sat outside while cooking steaks, I made homemade potatoe salad and we had some vegetables with dip. The steak was fabulous, so juicy and tender cooked to perfection!
Other than our bbq, this evening was uneventful. We told the kids that we have decided to unplug the internet service one evening a week. I am tired of the kids always on facebook chatting, playing on line games or even just texting. I understand that its part of thier culture..but just one night without it wouldn't hurt. I shouldn't complain really..we still have dinners together, Kailey does her homework and is a complete superstar in school... Braden, well..lets just say I'm sick of fighting with him to get his stuff done. If he decided not to do his work, well then he can deal with the consequences. I mean by grade 11, you are responsible for your own stuff..he should know how to organize and make time for everything important in his life, including his homework. Many of you know that I will fight to the death for him if there is something out of his control that hinders his ability to do something educationally for school. I have had numerous phone calls, interviews and arguments with so many board of education members..if I need to defend him over something medically, emotionally or mentally..then look out world..I am relentless and frightening. With that said, if he doesn't finish something due to sheer laziness...well then big guy..suffer the consequences! You're on your own! No sympathy here...
Both kids took the news about the internet going down once a week pretty well, didn't seem to phase Kailey and Braden didn't respond either way. I am just looking forward to having them around, actually watching a tv program with us...
Tomorrow we leave for the states shopping..going to Erie. I am looking forward to it, I haven't checked to see if there is internet service in our hotel...so if not, I will blog Saturday but post it on Sunday..I will keep you informed of our dress shopping and bargain hunting. I hope all my wonderful readers have a great weekend, and that you are blessed with beautiful weather for BBQ'ing, family time and sun worshipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment