Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday's Menu..



Well welcome to change #1!!
I have decided that Mondays will be a day where I will try a new recipe in my home, and then blog about it. I will give you the recipe, a picture and whether or not it was a success or failure. Each new meal will be rated by the family. There may have to be certain Mondays however where I may just try a new dessert, sometimes things come up a and I may not have a chance to try a completely new recipe. I will do my best to have something different every Monday! Feel free to try any of my recipes, they will all be easy and quick because I know that most families are busy through the week, and it takes time to cook a good homemade meal! No body wants to spend alot of time in the kitchen, there are too many other things to do.
Tonights meal was called "Tex Mex Twists" and I got this recipe from the Kraft foods recipe magazine, it was an old one..I usually keep these magazines if I use more than one recipe out of it.
Tex Mex Twists takes 20 minutes for prepping and 40 minutes to cook:

3 onions, sliced; I only used two..excessive onions wouldn't be too good.
3 cups of shredded cooked chicken
1 cup of Kraft BarBQ Sauce, Chicken 'N Rib Flavor
1/2 cup of water
1 tsp of ground cumin
3 flour tortilla's
2 cups of Kraft Tex-Mex Shredded cheese.
PREHEAT: oven to 350 F. Cook and stir onions in large fry pan until crisp-tender. Add chicken, bbq sauce, water and cumin; simmer until heated through, adding more water as necessary to keep the sauce from becoming too thick.

LAY 1 tortilla on a lightly greased foil-lined baking sheet, letting enough foil to hang over sides of baking pan for tenting. COver tortilla with half of the chicken mixture and half of the cheese. Top with second tortilla , Repeat chicke/cheese layers. Cover with the last tortilla;top with remaining sauce. SPrinkle lightly with additional cheese, if desired. Pull foil ends over tortilla stack and fold edges together to tent.
BAKE; 15 min. or until heated through. Allow to stand 5 min. before cutting into 6 wedges. Serve with sour cream.

So that's it! Very easy..the verdict from the family was..."fantastic" they all loved it. Honestly the only complaint was from Braden and all he said was that there were too many onions. Ok, so most people don't like onions..and I get that. But I do find if you cook them well enough you cannot even taste them..especially in this meal. Onions add great flavor in everything..I love them! Braden did eat his dinner, I also added some veggies and dip, however the next time I make it, I will add some rice and a cesear salad.
Kailey was very funny at dinner and kindly asked..wow, Mom, where did you get this recipe?" " Did you go to heaven to get this one?" It was pretty funny..she loved it! I would strongly recommend eating it with sour cream!
Tomorrow, I am making a new cup cake. I will be sure to take pictures so you can see how this masterpiece turns out! This recipe is a harder one, but i'm going to give it a shot! Wish me luck...I'll need it!

3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious.... I'm sure you put a piece of it in the freezer for me.... Give me a call to tell me when I can come over and get it. Love the Blog, love you, fish are fed... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ed, LOL..there was no tex mex left..sorry, but I do believe there will be a hamburger on the grill this summer with your name on it?? How does that sound? Thanks for feeding the fish, and thanks for you support with the blog!Love you back, xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. We look forward to it. I don't think Donna and I have been for a real visit yet. I've been over a few times but can't recall the reasons...lol... It's an age thing I think... I'm all excited to see the renovations you've done recently. I might even bring a few corks for the collection...

    ReplyDelete