Sunday, April 25, 2010

Changes are coming..


Yup...i have decided to make a few small changes to this blog! I just need to sit down and organize the creative ideas that I have come up with. I am pretty excited, and think that blogging topics will come much easier to me with these changes!
Today we went to Toronto to watch Braden play hockey, it was a great game! He won, 7-6..very close game, but thankfull they pulled off a goal in the last 30 seconds of the game...it was sweeeeet!! The tradition goes, and please understand that you can NEVER steer away from any tradition that Braden has, that after every hockey game we stop at this gas station and enjoy a slightly warmed hot dog with all the fixings. Ok, seriously..it is tradition!! It is what he loves..so as every Sunday goes, we stopped at that same gas station, and each of us enjoyed a steamy weanie!!
The drive home was fun, we mostly laughed at Paul...of course making fun of him, its what we do best! Paul and I went for a drive this evening, grabbed a tea/coffee and just looked at houses and talked about a couple things. Mostly about the fan club Braden has recently gotten, with no encouragement from him! Yes, today I found out that two girls from the senior hockey team came out to watch...Braden! On top of that news, he proceeds to tell me that he met another girl at a social engagement last week and she has become obsessed with talking to him. She tells him everything..I warned him not to get involved with her drama and do not become that guy who sits around listening to all her dilema's...its okay to be a friend, but don't get caught up with thier problems. This girl he met, to me sounds a bit shady and I did phone a few people to ask questions about "her" story. As it turns out, pretty much everything she shared with Braden, as shocking as it was..turns out to be true! Oh boy, Paul kindly reminded Braden that it is going to be hard to find someone who MOM is going to like... and you know what??...Paul is absolutely right! Good luck trying to win me over..I ain't that easy!! LOL,
Thankfully, my boy is very smart and has already formed his own opinion of her. He has already backed off and respectfully told her to stop texting so much, she was upset but as a typical guy..it didn't seem to phase him at all!!
Today was insightful....I was very proud of Braden, he has a strong head on his shoulders and is very intuitive when dealing with people. It was relieving for me to hear all the things he had to say...and comforting to hear how he dealt with everything. I sometimes worry to much, but its only because I want both of my children to be strong, successful independant people..yes, even though I still wipe Kailey's mouth if she has something in the corner of her smile ;) or, some of you might just say it's because I need to be in control...whatever!! LOl,
I have to go, Kailey needs me to read her a story and Braden needs to be tucked in...good night my humble readers..sleep well and as Michelle says "God Bless"

It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself. ~Joyce Maynard

2 comments:

  1. Changes are coming for sure! I have been sitting today in shock with age knowing Nick is going to be 17 in a couple weeks! I just dont know where the time went or what the future holds, but I do know that we always want the best for our kids and try to protect them as much as we can lol, you are right about them trying to find the right girl lol. They better have a resume thats all I have to say lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its hard to believe these boys are growing into young men. Where has the time gone? They are getting older and so are we.. :(
    LOL.

    ReplyDelete