Monday, February 8, 2010

Easy Baked Manicotti


Well the other night I made this Manicotti for the family, I was so surprised to see all of them clean their plates with smiles..
This recipe is easy and yet..scrumptions!! I will certainly be using this one at future functions, potlucks and ringette get togethers, I served it with garlic bread and cesear salad. The picture that is shown here is not my manicotti, I didn't think to take a picture of it...I should have, mine looked better!
1 can of Primo Thick and Zesty original recipe Pasta Sauce
1 egg lightly beaten
1 3/4 cups of ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups Kraft Mozzarella Shreds
1/2 cup Kraft Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup basil pesto sauce (optional)
12 Primo Manicotti,cooked, rinsed in cold water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread 3/4 cup of the pasta sauce onto the bottom of 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Mix egg, cheeses and pesto sauce until well blended. Spoon cheese mixture into large resealable plastic bag . Using scissors, cut small hole in one of the bottom corners of the bag.

Fill:
manicotti shells, 1 at a time, squeezing cheese mixture into both sides of shell. Place manicotti over sauce in dish; pour remaining pasta sauce over manicotti. Cover with foil.

Bake:40 min. or until heated through.

Hope you try it! Let me know who does and what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment