Friday, January 22, 2010

Would you like some cheese with your wine??



Well as promised here are my pics from my new wine buffet/table console. I am very pleased with the result and absolutely, incredibly excited to throw a wine and cheese party in order to use my new entertaining unit. I am not quite finished decorating and sorting out exactly how I want to display my glass wear and the other decorative pieces. That will take some time, I enjoy that part...the finalizing! So I did a quick price comparison, and figured that my wine console only cost so far $500.00 dollars.
The table cost $300.00
wine rack $90.00
red wine goblets$ 14.00
martini glasses $20,00
picture of Finley 0
wine bottles 0
2 wall shelves $74.00 = 500.00 total



Compared to the Pottery barn version I have saved alot of money, a break down of this picture is roughly...

The Markham table $1,399.00
Oversized wine bottles $99.00- 279.00
Crown moulding shelf $59.00-259.00
PB Stemware $21.00 for set of 6
Red wine glasses $40.00 for a set of 6
total=$1821.00
Therefore I saved roughly $1,300.00
WOW I am so proud of myself, i won't lie I do like the table better from Pottery barn. But, I am still happy with the one I have. There really is not much of a difference between them...except the price, which I love!! Just a shout out to all my friends who saved all their wine corks for my lovely decorative piece that I have been working on for over a year. I am very pleased with it, and I am glad that I can finally display it.

Oh and a big thanks to Spencer for the beautiful black and white photo of Finley, we just love that pic..I do think I might move it and actually hang it on the wall..but for know I am going to leave it exactly where it is...my favorite corner in my house...my wine spot!!
Tonight was fun, Paul and I went to the poker tournament for the Cambridge Ringette league. It was cool, there were over 80 people there and I witnessed some pretty serious poker players. It was funny, a room full of men, all different types. Some serious, some their just to support their girls and the team, some there tonight who didn't have a clue what they were doing, and some there just because it was something to do. I helped with the food prep and then I set it up with the help of some other mom's. It was great, lots of laughs, good glass of wine and of course some cheese!!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks so awesome actually!! I like yours more than the one from the pottery barn!!
    (I don't like how the pottery barn one is unsymmetrical! Eg. The left side, has longer wood, than the right side?) I like yours better! And I like the darker wood too! :)

    And hooray!! My photo! :)

    ReplyDelete