Monday, April 4, 2016

Lemon Merignue Cupcakes

On Sunday I made these most delicious Lemon Meringue cupcakes. I do try to make different desserts each Sunday. As most of you know Sunday's are our family dinner evening. This dessert I kept very simple, and I am sure you can even make it. ;)
Below is just a basic lemon cake mix:


I let the cupcakes cool, and moved on to make some lemon pie filling. I also let that cool~


Once the cupcakes are cooled I cut a hole in the top of each one, this is where I will fill them with Lemon pie filling.

Don't forget we have to make the meringue, that is easy peasy. Two egg whites whipped until peaks form and add 1/4 cup of white sugar.


Below I have added the Lemon to fill the cupcakes.
 

I actually put the meringue into a ziplock bag with a piping tip. That way I could swirl them and it would look pretty.


Now you can put them into the oven under the broiler, but I have one of these heating guns. (The name has escaped me) Anyways, I just cooked the outside of the meringue with the gun and flame. Made it look all toasty.


Finished product, and I have to say they were really good.
Well there you have it friends, I thought I would share this easy idea with you. They do make a really nice treat on a Sunday. Little different from Lemon Meringue Pie, but still has the sensational taste~
I hope you are all doing well, so until tomorrow good night and god bless~

3 comments: