Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Guest blogger today..Featuring Braden Martz

I am very honoured and proud to be sharing one of Braden's writing pieces with you today. I asked him if he'd mind writing for my blog and he happily offered up this piece he wrote a few years ago.
He is a very deep soul who has conquered a lot in life thus far. I am seriously so very privileged to have this opportunity to share his writings, thoughts and feelings. Braden is a very private individual who doesn't let many inside his thoughts. He has so much to share, so much to teach and I am looking forward to all things he will contribute to this world.
Thank you Braden for this post. I love you so much xo


I just got through the tough years
I know it took a couple of beers but hey
That shit helps when I'm dealin with fears

Seeing what I've done
Seeing who I've hurt 
Being selfish when I threw it all in the dirt
But what is it worth I would ask
I'd sit back and bask in a ultimate relapse of what I was becoming
Hannible lectar without his leather humming

I would crave drugs I've never done before
Wanting something else to stop the dangers I lay before
Or stop the thoughts i can't help but think of
Like how I feel of rotting below while I look at the world above

But that was the past 
My future is vast and its moving fast 
Was like getting through war with no bullet proof vest
I found my zest
Now I'm doing my best

But I just wanna say mom
I'm doing ok I just gotta look back and see what I did
Look at my scars and cover them in ink
My thoughts are clear as I jot them down in ink
Cause it's all in how I think
I could be on the brink feel my pride shrink as I work out the kink
Then build up from there and rip a problem up and create fear 

In the end I'm still here better than ever
Using my voice to tell a story
Of how I made it through 
And now I'm just sailin~

 

10 comments:

  1. I don't have the words all I can say is WOW!!! I am proud to be your uncle and friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pass this on to him Dave! Thanks for reading and supporting, we love you very much!! xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'll pass this on to him Sue!! Thanks for reading my friend! xo

      Delete
  3. Very inspiring my bro, love it! - Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am speechless. Well written Braden. You truly are an inspiration to many. You have braced many storms but I think you are going to have an amazing and wonderful future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am speechless. Well written Braden. You truly are an inspiration to many. You have braced many storms but I think you are going to have an amazing and wonderful future.

    ReplyDelete