Wednesday, September 23, 2015

My walk is like a Fairytale~


It was about 4 weeks ago, before Kailey left for school. I asked Kailey to walk the pup's with me. She obliged, and off we went on our usual route. In the fall during our walk things change, with the acorns falling onto the sidewalk and the little "Cherrybombs" I call them also fall from the trees. Miss Ella finds herself in a whole new world. So as we are walking, I explained to Kailey that we have a routine during our walks and it goes like this....

Our first stop is a tree that houses these cherry like seeds. In the fall they drop from the tree and Miss Ella loves to grab one, drop it in front of you so that you can kick it and then chase the thing down the road just to do it all over again~
Can you see the little red cherry seed there, she waits and waits until I kick it....


Then we chase it.
After about 6 kicks and 6 chases, I conveniently kick it onto the street where she can't go get it. Then I tell her how sorry I am...what a silly mommy...its all gone Ella Bean....
and then she is sad~
 

But then we come upon the acorn tree, its a couple blocks from the "Cherry Bombs". The same rules apply here. She picks an acorn that she likes, drops it infront of my feet and I must kick it so that we can chase it...and do it all over again. We go a little longer with the acorn she gets about 10 kicks, and 10 chases. 
 See the little acorn there, she wags her tail in excitement, looks up at me with those cute little puppy dog eyes and there it is...mommy has to play. So the same thing happens there, I "accidently" kick that little acorn into the street where Ella Bean cannot go and get it. Poor Baby Ella....such a mean mommy~
 

Above she is chasing her acorn....
Well my friends its not over yet. Once we get past the acorn trail, we go down our "Apple Alley". Its an alley way I typically call Vampire Alley cause at night time its so scary and it reminds me of a scene from Twilight.
Ella starts pulling on the leash about a good block away from Apple Alley because this one is her favorite of all. She picks an apple that's on the ground, drops it at our feet and we kick it. She chases it all the way down the road. When Paul walks with me he does this duty and I can trail behind with the two slow pokes.

Here we go, running to chase the apple down the Alley way..


Once we start too get to close to the sewer, Ella realizes she is going to lose her apple. This is where she takes her apple and tries to get away on someone's lawn.
You can see her below, she knows we are close so she lies down in the grass with her apple.
 

Lol...here she is, refusing to come to mommy. She has that darn apple in her mouth, and will not budge. No way will she give it up...

So you can see the sewer in the top left hand corner there, and Ella is hiding with her apple behind the green box there on someone's lawn. We are getting so close to it, she hates to let it go...
Poor baby Ella must part with her apple. Once we get to the sewer, we push it down and you can hear it splash when it hits the water. It doesn't take her long to recover and we continue on our walk. By this point we are almost home.
 
As you can see, I could probably write a children's book about our walks with the dogs. Its quite the adventure. Every evening/day its the same thing....the walks change every season. But each one we find new fun things that keep our walks exciting. This little girl has added so much fun to our lives. Tonight Braden came with me to walk them, it was funny. He got to witness first hand how crazy Ella is.
Well my lovelies, I am off..so until tomorrow good night and god bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment