Thursday, August 27, 2015

Pool parties with Friends...Throwback Thursday!

Throwback Thursday~
 
Oh these pictures have got to be at least 14 years ago. Again this was another family filled day around the pool one hot summer day. This is The MacPhee family, Greg,Candy,Nick,Kelsey & Riley. According to my notes on this scrapebook page we had a bbq and enjoyed the sun. Look how little Riley was...he was literally just a baby. It was a great day, I loved those days around the pool with friends. Its so weird today not too hear the kids in the back screaming and splashing around the pool.
 
We sure had fun-filled summers, I like to think  my kids were very fortunate. They had many friends, they had a pool, a boat and many many get together's. Blessed~
Although things have changed around here, and yes there are some days I look at the stilled waters of my pool and feel an ache in my heart. I can't express enough how much fun we have now that the kids are grown. Our fun is different, but to be able to have a BBQ with our kids today and share in some drinks. There is nothing like that, we laugh, joke and share stories all while making new memories.
 
On a sad note, yesterday we lost a member of our family. Suzanne came into the family many years ago and married Paul's dad 2 years ago. She had a quiet presence amongst the big group of us, she enjoyed the larger family life. But most importantly she brought something wonderful to my Father in laws life, she brought something new...she was so very smart. Always teaching him, explaining worldly things to him and constantly sharing facts to keep his interest and love of life alive.
He is going to miss her, they were buddies. They loved having lunch out together and then enjoying a cup of noodles in the evening while he watched sports and she had laptop time. I am going to miss her, I truly did love my talks with her. She had such an interesting life, she did so much travelling and was educated much later in life to become an English teacher. She made me laugh, such a wonderful sense of humour. Something you had to listen for, but she was quick and always up for a laugh. I am happy that Paul and I had one last cottage visit this summer with both of them. I will have those memories of our lunch in Port Dover, our trip to buy fruit in our local market. We had a lovely day, even though I am sad we won't share another afternoon like that with Suzanne I am thankful I had that time.
 
Until I see you again Suzanne, good night and god bless~

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss Chrissy! Always hard to have to deal wth. Thinking of you and your family! I loved this throwback you did. look how little Riley was here. We always had such a fun time with you and your family no matter what we did. My kids were so lucky to be able to have these memories and have such an amazing family! We love you all.

    ReplyDelete