Sunday, August 23, 2015

Dinner with Great Family Friends~


There really is nothing better than dinner with great family friends~
The Carrigan family  is one I have been a part of since a very young age...like maybe as young as 2 years old. Tonight we were invited over for a dinner party, and I can't express to you how much that meant too me. Not only were Paul and I invited but so were my parents. Well actually my dad and Gary pictured below throwing the bean bag during a game of Corn hole have been friends for over 40 years.
Now I am not too sure how much I want too divulge about Colleen and her parents feelings around entertaining. But what I will say is that even though they don't do it often...they certainly pulled off one hell of an evening tonight. I think we kinda all feel the same as they do sometimes, its exciting to have friends and family over but that can always sometimes bring anxiety and nervousness. Honestly for years I didn't have any kind of fear around entertaining. I absolutely loved it, and I did it ALL the time. It was nothing for me, I could whip up a party in a day....and not to brag, but I think I did a darn good job. I will also say that confidence comes with the company I was always serving. I mean, I loved everyone in my home. There was just something about everyone eating, drinking, laughing and swimming that made me feel complete.
Lately however, I have had some anxiety around entertaining and I've shied away from it. Everytime I open my home up and have people here I have major panic attacks. I know I will work through it and gain my confidence again.
SO back to Colleen and her parents having us for dinner. I know it is something they enjoy, and I know if they didn't want to have us they wouldn't. But I cannot tell you in words how wonderful it was for them to open their home and invite us over for dinner. It meant the world to me, after all these years of having my own dinner parties its so nice to be invited somewhere else.
To top this whole evening off, they even had Corn hole. That happens to be Paul and my dad's favorite summer game at the cottage, so those two were in all their glory today. They shared in a few games with Colleen, Brenda and Gary. Right up their ally....
Colleen, you did an amazing job...all of you did! We had a lovely time, and your meal was delicious. I didn't get any pics..sorry...because it was busy with the dogs there. But they had quite the meal, Pulled Beef with a homemade sauce along with pasta salad, broccoli salad and veggies. Another relaxing evening with our glasses filled, wine chilled and music that made me smile. Of course...it was 80's. They truly catered to us, well done my friends it was marvelous.  

Couple serious games of Corn hole was had....Brenda taking her shots. She was a natural at it, really gave the other team a hard time. I have a feeling if Brenda were an athlete she'd be one of those who was good at everything!!

Dad and Paul, working hard to keep up too Brenda!


Colleen and Brenda's fairy garden. I fell in love with this little village. I have been contemplating doing my own fairy garden. They have been quite the hype this summer, maybe I will start one this coming spring. I just love it!!
They have a big beautiful backyard, so they told us to bring the little dogs. With all the dinner parties and wedding this weekend we didn't get much time with the pups. It was super great that they told us to bring them. The only problem was Ella's big mouth. She is such a barker....she annoyed me but in time she settled and I was able along with everyone else to relax and enjoy the evening. Little buggar!!!
Well my friends, I am exhausted. It was one of those weekends that was non-stop but filled with family and friends. It was a perfect weekend, I loved every minute of it!
I'm caught up on my blogs...so I'm a happy blogger tonight~
Well my lovelies, until tomorrow good night and god bless xo
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad everyone had a good time. There was a lot of anxiety, but it was so worth it. We definitely have to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. Colleen and her family are wonderful people. They do know how to make you feel welcome. You are an excellent entertainer Chrissy. You throw one hell of a party and always have. You are at a different tine in your life right now. Entertaining helped you get through alot of stuff. Now relax and enjoy the quiet. You will start again when you feel the need. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Candy but I;m thinking more now its time others did the entertaining...You are right though...I do throw one hell of a party lol

      Delete