Monday, April 20, 2015

S'mores in a jar...and Sunday Family dinners~

How was your weekend Friends? I had a wonderful weekend. On Sunday we had my parents for dinner. We try to have dinners with them every Sunday, lately it seems to be going every other Sunday as life is busy. Eventually we'll be doing some weekends together at the cottage, I am looking forward to those summer days again real soon.
Speaking of the cottage, Hubby went there today. We have a new neighbour who is renting the cottage beside us. He is living there full time, I believe for a year. Anyways, nice enough guy. But he has this monstrous sized dog that doesn't really strike me as too friendly. If you know me, then you know that I love dogs...ALL dogs. So I don't want to hold it against this beauty of a bear dog, but honestly I do believe if he got ahold of one of my little ones he'd ruin them. It certainly wouldn't be due to him coming over to our property I know it would be an accidental death because my own 5 pound savage ran over to his property.  Back to Paul heading down to the cottage, he went down there to put up a small 1.5 foot safety fence. Literally the smallest fence I ever did see, but so darn practical. Not only will it stop them from taking off into our neighbours backyard, but it will stop them from visiting ALL the neighbours. SO often we lose Ella, she saunters on over to someone walking past our place. It scares us to death because she would literally go with anyone. She loves people and it scares the hell out of me. Scares me because I know she would go with anyone.

Paul finished the fence, it looks great considering how tacky it truly is. Thankfully it will keep them safe, and that's the important part.


Speak of the little devils...here they are enjoying a bone. Keeps them quiet...for about 5 minutes or so.
 
My parents came for dinner last night, we just had taco's. Quick and easy, but who doesn't love taco's! I wanted to make a different dessert. So I made some S'mores in a jar. If I would have had more time I would have challenged myself a bit more with a really cool dessert. But it was a busy day so I didn't get the chance. I will share with you this dessert, again its easy, quick and absolutely delicious.
Some of the ingredients below...


  • 3.9 oz box of instant chocolate pudding
  • 4-6 whole Graham Crackers
  •  chocolate chips OR any of your favorite chocolate
  • ½ tub Cool Whip
  • ½ small jar of Marshmallow Creme
  • ½ C mini marshmallows
  • 6 small Mason Jars



  • Start by prepping the ingredients - mix up the instant chocolate pudding, your favorite chocolate, and break up the graham crackers into pieces (as small or large as you'd like). Then, in a small bowl, combine the whipped topping & the marshmallow creme. It will probably be a little lumpy and that’s totally ok



    Once those things are prepped, start filling your jars by putting a ½ -1 inch layer of the broken graham crackers.



    On top of the graham crackers, add about 1 Tablespoon of the chocolate pudding & sprinkle with a bit of the dark chocolate pieces.
     


    Then, add about 1 Tablespoon of the whipped marshmallow topping mixture. Repeat the layers, finally topping the jar with *toasted marshmallows and another sprinkle of the finely chopped chocolate


    For the toasted marshmallows - You just need to broil them, for only a few seconds! Put the mini-marshmallows onto a baking sheet (having them be a little stale or cold can help) and put them in the oven under the broiler. You canNOT walk away…in fact, don’t even look away. I didn’t even close the oven door. I stood there watching for about 10. The moment they start looking a little golden, take them out.
    Voila...finished product! Everyone loved them, they were so good!
    I did get this recipe from Pinterest, I will leave the link below.

    Until tomorrow my friends, good night and god bless~
    http://www.momendeavors.com/2014/07/smores-dessert-trifle-in-a-jar.html

    1 comment:

    1. Hey its not about the looks its about the safey of those beautiful babies! Unfortunately as much as we would love to control everyone, its best you protect yourself as much as you can! I think the fence looks great for what you are using it for. LOL you have no worries about Ollie going with a stranger, Miss Ella on the other hand yep she will go with anyone! I hope everything works out with that little fence, you must protect what is yours! such a cute little fence I must say! Good luck with it! The smores look so yummy!

      ReplyDelete