Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Ollie and Ella at the spa



Today was spa day for Oliver & Ella. Those two lucky little ones get pampered beyond pampering. Its such a good feeling when they are finished, and come back in all trimmed up and sparkling clean. They also always smell so good.
When I had gotten Oliver 5 years ago, I didn't realize that these little dogs needed to be groomed so frequently. I had never had a dog with hair before, they've all had fur. The difference is with hair its just like our own hair, it gets dirty and oily. So then you have to wash them more frequently. I didn't know that so poor Ollie went for sometime without having his first bath. Eventually I got the hang of it, and we got ourselves into a good routine of bathing. I didn't ever really want to take him to a groomer, I was so nervous about it. I absolutely hated the thought of leaving him. He is so attached to me, I had anxiety of leaving him with someone I didn't really know. So I sortof learned how to trim him myself. I watched Youtube video's, bought some clippers and off I went.
It wasn't too bad, lol...sometimes I did a hack job and he came out looking like a mongrel. Poor lil' Ollie.
But then Ella came into the picture and with her being a little girl...I didn't want her looking scruffy. She's such a cute girl, if I would have tried to do her hair...poor thing would have come out looking like a rag-a-muffin. I had to do something...
One day when I was walking the dogs a van had drove by and I noticed the logo on the side.
~ Touch of Love~ Mobile Pet Grooming
 
Oh my god...there's my answer.
What could be better than having my babies groomed right in my own driveway. Perfect.
No restlessness about leaving them without me around. I know groomers prefer to do their work without owners being close. Dogs are like children, when the parents are around they act up...so although I wanted to be near, I knew its better for all parties concerned that I don't stay with them while they are being pampered.
Marta is the owner and groomer of her company Touch Of Love, and she is amazing. I told her upfront that I am nervous about having them groomed. I mentioned how I would love to peek in on them while they are getting all pretty, and she was more than accommodating. She seemed more than pleased to have me in her van, I was welcomed to stay the whole time if I wanted. It was so nice to just pop in whenever I felt worried about how they are doing. Although neither dog likes to be groomed, they both really like Marta. They are always happy to see her, and show no signs of fear when she comes to the door. Ella however today realized why Marta was here and ran upstairs once she said her hello's. Lol...that made it easy to choose which one would go first.
 
Look who had to go first. I know he doesn't look happy and he probably isn't but honestly he really likes Marta. Once he is finished getting all handsome, when he comes in the house he is always so happy.

He is waiting patiently for his bath...


Just a pic of the inside of the pet grooming mobile van. She literally has the best set up possible. Inside this van there is even running water, hydro and electricity. She has a drying system, grooming table and all the necessary equipment needed for a safe and adorable haircut.

This is the van in my driveway..it seriously is the best possible solution for any pup-parent who may be worried when leaving their littles with someone who they don't know. On a bit of a side note friends, promise me one thing...you will never ever take your dog to be groomed at Petsmart. They have the worst reputation and truly have had so many injuries to pets that they shouldn't be allowed to groom anymore. My parents dog sit and they have many many clients. We have spoken to numerous people who have had terrible experiences with Petsmart.

Here is my baby boy all sparkling clean, look how proud he is. He knows he looks handsome. After their grooming sessions they both are always exhausted. So shortly after this pic was taken, he crashed. Oh my god he's so cute I love him~


Ella Bean wasn't as impressed. Sadly she hates to be groomed. She doesn't like to be touched, even by me. If she has a problem with her hair, maybe a piece of poop tangled in...she gets so weird. When I try to remove it, she gets so upset. Afterwards she runs upstairs and hides, where ever we are she will leave and not come back for a long time. She is a very sensitive little girl. I tried to get a cute picture of her after her grooming but she wanted nothing to do with it.
You can totally tell in her pic that she is upset, didn't want to pose for the camera. Poor girl.
Well friends, that's about it. If you live in our area and need a really good groomer please check out Marta. I promise you'll be pleasantly surprised. She is wonderful and does a fantastic job~
Until tomorrow good night and god bless~

http://www.touchlove.ca/

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both look terrific. I absolutely agree with you about Petsmart. I don't know how they are still in business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah they look so good. so darn cute they are. I am glad you found one that comes to your home. We had Groomers on the Go come here with Buddy the first 4 years we had them, I loved that he was here but found them not as good as the groomer I take him to now! So hard finding the right people you can trust to take care of our beautiful babies! Trust is a big part of finding the right groomer! I am not a fan of Pet Smart either. Scarey how many bad groomers there are out there. I am glad it worked out in the end! A happy puppy is a happy mommy!

    ReplyDelete