Monday, April 27, 2015

Just a little chili and jar of Apple pie


Typically Sunday's we have family dinner. We really enjoy those dinners, and its important. I actually made a dinner that I normally would have made in the fall. But first let me share with you this small gem I pulled off for dessert.
~Apple Pie In A Jar~
I have a infatuation with desserts in a jar, so just bare with me while I try different ones each week. Hopefully I inspire some of you to do the same :)

Ingredients:

  • ready made pie crusts: 4
  • sugar: ¼ cup
  • cornstarch: 2 tablespoons
  • cinnamon: 1 tablespoon
  • apples: 2½ cups sliced or diced
  • canning jars: 12 four-ounce jars

Heat Oven to 350 Degrees F

Combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and apples in a medium bowl.


Fill each pie crust with the apple cinnamon mixture, and make sure you add a little of the mixture’s juice to each jar.





Top with another piece of pie crust trimmed to fit the top of the jar. Poke holes in the center of the top crust with a fork, or with small cake-decorating punches
Top each jar with foil and bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove the foil and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the top crust just starts turning a light golden brown.

That's it!! So easy...they were pretty good too. Not my favorite. But if you are looking for a quick easy neat little dessert i'd try it. Maybe add some vanilla ice cream. I also used Granny Smith apples. Which I did like.
Below is a picture of dinner...I made some homemade chili, yes chili...in spring! Crazy...I know, a total fall dinner..it was delicious and they whole family loved it.
Another successful Sunday family dinner...I swear its my favorite night of the week~

Until tomorrow chummie's...good night and god bless~

1 comment: