Sunday, March 29, 2015

Easter Cake and The Walking Dead~

Yesterday mom invited us for dinner, sadly she woke up not feeling well and had to cancel our dinner plans. I had told her that I would bring dessert, so before she had cancelled I already started the cakes. I have been dying to try this Easter cake idea for awhile..so this is how it went.
Two cake mixes..I did marble cake. 
Using chocolate icing..I frosted the top of the bottom cake and then added the top cake.
Then you have to ice the whole cake..looks so good already!!
So this cute idea came from a Vlog family that I follow called the SacconeJoly's. Anna(the mom) had done this previously. You take the large shreddies and crush them up..I think I used 4-5 of them. Then you melt your favorite chocolate. I used chocolate chips..it's what I had at home. Stir the shreddies into the chocolate...

The cutest idea ever..then use a spoon and top the cake with your shreddies mixture into the form of a birds nest.

Cute right?! 
Add some cute Easter eggs to the chocolate nest, maybe a couple little chicks and look at that!!!
Cutest little Easter cake!!

Even though mom was sick, I still took them over some cake. Didn't want it to go to waste. 
Last night was also the season finale of The Walking Dead, that's a pretty important night In our home. As you can see Oliver was wearing his glasses and walking dead zombie tie. Overall it was a great night in the Martz household. Hope some of you try this cake for the upcoming Easter weekend. It was super easy and absolutely delicious! Until tomorrow my friends..enjoy your day~

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you blogging again. Your cake looks terrific and yummy. Ollie is rockin the glasses and tie. lol

    ReplyDelete