Saturday, March 29, 2014

Mini Pecan Pie in a Jar





These beauties were amazingly delicious....Paul and I loved them. The kids didn't want one, but we did and two thumbs up from Paul.
As I blogged previously, I want to try some cool recipes in these jam jar's. I ended up getting smaller ones and they were much better.
The recipe is simple, I felt it was a really good recipe but I use to have a buttertart recipe and it had butter included. This one didn't have any butter in it, and I could tell. Definitely will try to find another recipe that includes butter.
Anyways I am going to try to remember the recipe as I am not at home and do not have the ingredients with me.

Buy any all ready made pie crust..I used Pilsbury and gently press the crust into the jar. Do not leave any space open where you can see inside the jar.

4 eggs
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of light corn syrup
1/2 cup of dark corn syrup
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 cups of coarsely chopped pecans




This is what I mean by adding the pie crust to the jars and not leaving any space open.


 
Mix the eggs, and sugar together then add the syrups and vanilla...finally add the chopped pecans. I didn't use 2 cups of pecans I only used 1. Thank goodness too cause they really filled up the space.
 


The final product, of course staged on my dining room table. Easter theme with those bunnies.
Well my lovelies have a wonderful evening...
Until tomorrow good night and god bless~


No comments:

Post a Comment