Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Lemon Meringue Pie...In a Jar~



So I found this website via Pinterest and thought it was pretty cool to try some desserts in Jar's. Stay tuned my Zeta's I plan on trying a few more of these beauties in the near future. Tonight I made Lemon Meringue Pie in a Jar. They turned out so good..the family really enjoyed them. The only thing I would do differently is smaller Jar's. These were a bit too big, so the dessert was really filling. I had a bit to much Meringue, but I had to have lots inorder to fill the jar so I could brown the meringue.
How to make:
Well I just crushed some graham crackers and melted some butter in the microwave, mixed the butter in with the crumbs and pressed the crust into the bottom of the jar. Then bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
You prepare the lemon pie filling as the instructions say, use the cooked pie filling it works best. I waited until the pie filling cooled then added it ontop of the crust mixture. I refrigerated until I made the meringue.
Meringue: 2 egg whites, beaten until and stiff peaks form. Slowly add 1/4 cup of white sugar and continue beating. Then i topped off the lemon filling with the meringue and put them back in the oven where I broiled for only a few minutes, just long enough to brown the peaks.






This evening everyone was home, so we took advantage of that and watched a family movie.
We watched Summer Rental with John Candy.

Every summer we have certain family movies that we love to watch, this is one of them. I hope for the rest of our lives we get together after the kids are grown and have families of their own, my wish is they always come home for summer vacation and we have these nights.

We also have winter movies that we watch every winter...and even back to school movies, I suppose those ones are over now. Kinda sad...but exciting to think of how things are changing. Well my friends I am off, unitl tomorrow good night and god bless~

No comments:

Post a Comment