Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thursday Thoughts and Ramblings...

Married to a busy man...
 
 


So how many women and men out there can go a whole day without talking to their significant other?? This is actually pretty new territory for me...I barly get a chance to speak to hubby during the day anymore. I tend to text him at least once aday...and on a good day I hear something back from him. Unfortunately if I haven't heard from him by mid-afternoon I text him again to see if he is going to be late or not. I try to time dinner in order for everyone to be home. With Braden being out of school for the summer...most of us are here at dinner so we have seemed to resumed back to our normal dinner routine. As many of you know that makes me so very happy...love my family home for dinner, probably always will. When the kids were little for the most part we had every night home for dinner...I would say today we make at LEAST 3 nights out of seven with everyone present. I'll take it...can't complain.
Ok, so back to the whole speaking to your partner during the day. For YEARS i had unlimited access to my husband while at work, they just understood that I may need him at any given time. I could interrupt meetings, lunch, and his regular daytime routine and no one ever had a problem with it. Paul has always been successful in his job, he has always been respected and appreciated...where ever he has worked they have loved him, and they have been very fair to his needs here at home.
With having a commitment to his homelife, he has had to put some of his career advances off until it was the right time for our family. His work has always wanted him to "do" more, or have more "responsibility" over his department. They have asked him to travel, dinner dates with clients and smooze over potential customers. Knowing that advancing in his job at the wrong time would have caused him to be stretched too thin. He knew us at home would suffer and that he wouldn't be able to give 100% to his job because his home life would suffer.
I have always felt some guilt over that...at times I felt he was held back(only due to his choices) because I still needed him home at a certain time, or he would miss meetings due to appointments. He never complained...I am truly blessed.
A couple years ago his work approached him again...asking if he was ready to "move" up and go into management...I knew he wanted too..I knew he was ready, but he felt he needed to discuss it with me. I have always been thankful to him for his commitment to his family, and he is such a hard worker...I told him to go for it! Take advantage of the companies offer...enjoy your career, get in there and show them what you can do!! He did just that!
He is doing incrediably well...loving his position, loving the travel (leaves Sunday again)loves the schmozzing clients and he LOVES the perks of those who try to schmooze him for the compainies business. Its so cool to see him in this role, he's so grown up!! We went to a Valentine's dinner back in February, we were invited to attend a dinner and dance at the Royal York. It was wonderful, and really it was the first time I saw Paul in such a professional manner. He all of a sudden seemed "older" more mature...He was a business man amougst a group of other business men.
So, with this new role also comes the lack of communication during the day. I don't hear from him often anymore, and he rarely gets the chance to answer my texts. Its all totally fine, I mean I am a big girl, i can make decisions on my own and I can take care of things here without his input...but I miss him. I miss chatting with him during the day. I know this is how most of you live, its normal not to talk to eachother throughout the day...but, its is something we have HAD to do for years. We touched base everyday at least 2x..."How was Braden's appt?" "How is Kailey feeling?" "How did therapy go"? "How are you feeling?" etc etc...never ending.
That is why I believe things will happen at the right time, Paul could not advance in his job for years...it just wouldn't have been good for our family. But, everyone is grown up and becoming less dependant...so its the perfect time for Paul to excel and do well. He is loving it, he is more stressed than ever in his work...but he is good at what he does and he is great at conflict resolution so he manages just fine. I miss him....I miss our conversations during the day, with that said...it just makes our evenings that much more fun, cause we have so much to catch up on!! Proud of you Sparkee...keep kickin ass!!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about getting used to the texting and sometimes working from home because when Greg worked from home and I got to talk to him through a text daily it made me feel secure and knowing I needed him, it made me happy! Now he isn't working from home anymore and it took me a long time to adjust to that. But jobs change. So I get that part of because you miss it, Paul certainly has worked very hard and so wonderful to hear about his new job change and how well he is doing it, he is perfect for the job. makes things so much easier now that the kids are older. Proud of Sparkee! He is doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete