Monday, June 17, 2013

Mondays Menu...

Simple 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki

 
If you are a crock pot cooking mom then you will love this simple 5 ingredient crock pot chicken teriyaki recipe we found on Pinterest.

 Placed the chicken at in the crock pot...probably should have cubed the chicken first. I just tore it into pieces when it was finished cooking, turned out just fine.


 Sauce to pour over top of chicken...
Final product..

Ingredients:

1lb chicken (sliced, cubed or however)
1c chicken broth
1/2c Teriyaki or soy sauce ( with or without sesame seeds)
1/3c brown sugar
3 minced garlic cloves
Corn Starch
Directions:
There were no actual directions posted with this on Pinterst so my guess is. Place chicken in bottom of crock pot then in separate bowl whisk together remaining 4 ingredients then pour onto chicken in crock pot.
Cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or low 6 to 8 hours.
If sauce is runny follow this tip from one of our moms who tried out this recipe: Mix 2 tbs of cornstarch with 2 tbs water and pour it into the sauce.

This was actually pretty good, not my favorite and I probably won't make it again. I will continue to search for a Teriyaki chicken recipe that I like. Its a cheap recipe with only 5 ingrediants...however I had to buy a jar of teriyaki sauce and I only used 1/2 cup. Next Monday I will feature a different recipe that uses the Teriyaki sauce that I bought.
I also made a dessert tonight. It is also a very EASY recipe...I made Carrot cake muffins with butter icing. My goodness they are so good. Now in todays crazy, busy world the point of Monday's menu is to provide quick easy recipes so that parents can get home from work and make a healthy tasty meal that their kids will like. The same goes for dessert. I do have an amazing Carrot cake recipe that is delicious but not fast enough for through the week. Its a recipe you could use during a holiday like easter or even a baby shower. Tonight I used a boxed carrot cake and it was really good.

 The icing is a butter/sugar icing that is SOOOO good. It is a recipe given to me by a friend. I really like this icing on red velvet, or carrot and pumpkin cupcakes..and/or cakes.
Here is the recipe for the icing..
1c. milk
4 tbsps flour
1c sugar
1c butter
2 tsp of vanilla


Directions:
Cook milk and flour until thick and set aside to cool..as seen below


Beat soft butter with sugar until creamy and add vanilla
 Add thickened milk to butter and sugar and use electric mixer on high until smooth.
 Piping icing onto the cupcakes
 They are delicious. The family loves them!!
Well friends, have a good night...until tomorrow god bless~

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy, I will definitely try your icing for sure, I am on the hunt for a good Teriyaki chicken recipe as well!

    ReplyDelete