Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday's Menu Returns!!


Yes, I have decided to keep Monday's menu...those whom I have spoken too seem to really like the simple, easy menu's that I cook and post. Here are a couple pictures from tonights dinner...I think I actually may have already done this pasta dish on here a couple years ago. But I had all the ingrediants already here and decided to just go ahead and make it anyways.
Have you tried the new Philadelphia Chocolate Cream Cheese spread?? I have been wanting to try it, so I did and I really liked it. It would be good on a bagel, toast, croissant...maybe even french toast. Just thought i'd share that with you.
Below is the recipe and cooking instructions for this dish....
ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND RIGATONI BAKE


 

2 lb. Italian sausage
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 green pepper, diced
1 can (680 mL) spaghetti sauce
4 cups penne pasta or rigatoni, cooked
2 cupsKraft 4 Cheese Italiano Shredded Cheese
3/4 cupKraft 100% Parmesan Grated Cheese

make it


BROWN sausage; breaking up slightly while cooking. Place in a large saucepan with mushrooms and peppers. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add pasta to sauce.
SPOON 1/2 of the rigatoni mixture into a 13 x 9 inch (3.5 L) baking dish. Top with 1/2 of the cheeses; repeat layers.
BAKE at 375°F (190*C) for 20 minutes    



After dinner tonight I made a VERY simple dessert using up some of the ingrediants we have here at hime. See the promise that I made to myself this year was that I would use up the food in my fridge and cupboards..so far I've done really well. I had some cool whip that I wanted to use up before it went bad in the fridge. So i made this simple, easy, yummy pear dessert.

5 MINUTE PEAR CRUMBLE


What You Need


1 can (19 fl oz/540 mL) pear slices, drained
8 Nilla Vanilla Wafers, coarsely crushed
1/2 cup thawed Cool Whip Whipped Topping
1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon

Make It


SPOON pears into 4 dessert bowls.
SPRINKLE with wafer crumbs.
COMBINE Cool Whip and cinnamon; spoon over desserts



Paul enjoying his dessert!! LOL He is in Braden's room watching part of a video Braden has been working on. Seriously my son has some amazing talent. You should see this next clip he is making...special effects are so cool. Hopefully I will be able to post it on my blog when its finished.

 
I'd like to announce that my good friend Candy is making her own blog. YES she is...its going to be a cooking one. I am so happy for her...she is a wonderful cook and an even better baker. I will let you know what her site is once she is up and running. I will certainly be trying her recipes. Next Monday I hope to have a better dinner...something more challenging. With that said, i do enjoy posting simple recipes and that was the point for Monday's menu. I like my dinners to be quick, healthy and cost efficient. I think i have some pretty good idea's for my format...looking forward to sharing that with you!
Good night my friends & God Bless~

3 comments:

  1. LOL I love you Monday menus! And paul being a good sport priceless! LOL! Greg is going to help me design my blog and name it :). Going to be cooking and baking! Once I have it done I will let you know, thanks for the nudge! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god...you don't need Greg to help! LOL it will take you 10 mins to set one up! Thought you had a name? Cooking with Candy...whats wrong with that name? You're to funny...have fun with it!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pear desert looks absolutely delish..... but I would make one addition..... a splash of GranMarnier and then light it.... Flambe..... Wow... that would just put it over the top..... lol....:)

    ReplyDelete