Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Physioterrorist...

Hey friends, today was a Hamilton day...i'm not as nervous driving any more, it seems to be passing. I still drive by that spot where the poor dog ran out in front of me..I still hate it, but today It didn't seem to get to me. Braden's physiotherapist (physioterrorist) wants me to take Braden to a Orthopedic surgeon before she starts to get him to do sit to stand transfers. OMG...here we go again...lol, didn't we just deal with the whole issue of Braden's childhood surgeon not wanting to follow him anymore because he turned 18yrs old?
She came out to see me today to tell me that she'd like him to see a surgeon before she lets him stand, because of his dislocated right hip. I told her that I fully agreed with her and would LOVE for him to see one, but i have already been through this with the doctor's and they feel there is no one around here to see Braden. It anger's me sooo much, it is something that I HATE with a passion..the fact that we live in Southern Ontario and can't seem to find a suitable surgeon to follow him?! I told her that I would do my best...note:we have SO much going on right now with appointments for Braden going to college..that i'm not even sure I want to deal with this issue right now.
I told Braden that i'm not rushing around this summer to Toronto to see a surgeon who knows nothing about him...why doesn't this therapist understand that its just not that easy. No one will want to take responsibility for allowing Braden to stand. No surgeon will do an x-ray and then ok him to do that so quickly..this will take forever! OR she could just ask Braden how HE feels about it, if he has pain when he stands or not and go from there.
I have a little secret to share..he's been standing on that leg for years when I transfer him...and honestly..we don't need a physio therapist to ok this..its something we can do on our own. He has no pain, he has the ability and he is willing and able..thats all I need. There's no reason to take this to a surgeon, they are not going to fix his hip anyways..its too risky. I just feel like there is always something going on, keep it simple..seriously there is NO reason to see a surgeon for this..it just adds more shit to our plates..ain't gonna happen!! No need!
F**k...

1 comment:

  1. I am glad the drive past that spot is getting a bit easier. I am sure it is always on your mind! I bet you are frustrated! But you are right, you do know best. You are with B 24hrs a day 7 days a week and have been doing this for many, many years. If you have been doing this, then its your decision. To have to do the whole surgeon run around thing, I dont blame you for being frustrated and not wanting to. you donèt have to answer to anyone but you and Braden, what works best for you guys. you just know. You know what the right decisions are. You donèt have to explain.

    ReplyDelete