Sunday, May 27, 2012

Antiquing...

How is everyone's weekend going? I am having a wonderful one. Spending lots of time with my hubby, doing all the things we love to do. There was an antique show at a Conservation park in Hamilton this weekend so we took a trip down there. I didn't find anything there, it was ALOT of old furniture and as much as i love antiques...i wouldn't have a clue as how to mix antique furniture in with my own decor. So for know, i'll stick to my own collections. We did stop at another antique shop though and I did find two treasure's there. Recently I took a liking to antique fans...I have three in my collection so far. Up untill the 1950's there was no regulation on the grill face of the fan. The spaces on the grill are so dangerous, i can't imagine how many young children were seriously injured by sticking little fingers into it. My oldest fan is dated back to the 20's...can you imagine how many people used this fan? That stuff intrigues me, I love to think of all the owners of these things. How many newly married couples, babies, elderly people all slept with this fan at their bedside. So cool..
We are off tomorrow to Braden`s college orientation. This is so exciting, such a big deal....can you believe if all goes well my boy will be a college student in September? Did I also mention that he just booked his own trip to Calgary? Seriously friends, where did the time go?

My first old fan that i found, this one is from the 1920`s..isn`t it old? I have to clean it up still, check out the grill..lol..so unsafe!
My two treasures..This fan will be cleaned up and oiled so it can work upstairs in my spare room. I have an old typewriter up there and this fan will look so great right beside it!
The fan below is probably my favorite, i just love the color and look of it...
Well friends, have a wonderful Sunday, i hope you all get the chance to spend it with family and friends~

No comments:

Post a Comment