Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday's Menu...and Happy Birthday!

Technically I did not cook this recipe tonight. I actually made it Tuesday night, but I wanted to use it for Monday's Menu. This recipe is something so easy, but the reason why I post such easy recipes is because I know how busy we are as mom and dad's out there. NO one typically has time to make elaborate meals every night of the week. So i just took a box of these potatoe's out of my cupboard and found the recipe on the box. It's easy, but its something to spruce up your dinner.
The picture below is just before I put it in the over to cook...

Loaded Chedder and Bacon Bake

Ingredients:
Potatoes
1 box Betty Crocker* Au Gratin Scalloped Potatoes
2 cups (500 mL) boiling water
1 cup (250 mL) half-and-half or milk
2 tbsp (25 mL) butter
6 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
1 cup (250 mL) shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced green onions (4 medium)
1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarse ground black pepper
Topping
1/2 cup (125 mL) plain bread crumbs
2 tbsp (25 mL) butter, melted
1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley

Method:•Heat oven to 375ºF. In 2-quart casserole, mix potatoes, sauce mix, boiling water, half-and-half and butter. Stir in remaining potato ingredients.
•Bake uncovered 25 minutes. In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake 8 minutes longer or until topping is golden. Sprinkle with parsley.
Finished Product...family loved it! This was a hit!!

Like I said this was easy but MAN It was good!!
Here is a picture of my birthday cake..it was a snickers cake, sooo delicious!!


Kailey made me a birthday card this year and it was my favorite!! It made me laugh so hard when she gave it to me! I LOVE anything homemade especially when its made with love...Here are a couple pictures of the card Kailey made...
First page which reads...Congradulations you don't look a day older than 29..look no wrinkles in sight

Page Two reads along the same line as what Allen from the Hangover reads about his wolf pack...I was peeing my pant laughing...(She originally was going to give me this card when we got to EastSide Mario's but changed her mind and gave it too me before we went).

"How bout that ride in, I guess thats why they call it eastside marios..ha ha ha, You see before I met you it was just me, by myself in the corner of your ovary's watching the other eggs. But then when I met you I knew for sure that one more lady has joined my wolf pack...(it goes no a little bit more, some funny s**t Kailey, good job!!) I LOVED IT!! My girl has some serious humour lingering on inside that mind of hers.

Page Three is a page with a stapled envelope that she made filled with some coupon's...

The coupons were fantastic, my favorite was one that read: "10 Family night with Braden Included!" Another read.."One free back rub, limited time offer!!"
Overall, I had a great birthday! Two dear friends dropped by with birthday cards that was a nice surprise. Another wonderful friend is taking me out for lunch next week! Thanks to everyone who made my day extra special...
Oh thanks too Braden who payed for dinner tonight!! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment