Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving...


It's the most wonderful time of the year!! Yep thats right, this time of the year is MY favorite! I LOVE autumn, I LOVE THanksgiving and I LOVE Halloween. It works out kinda cool this year that I am away through the weeks in Ottawa with Braden, then when I come home on weekends I'm usually exhausted so I just want to stay home and enjoy the things that my home offers. I sit in my hot tub, read my book, organize my closests, spend time with hubby, TRY to spend time with the kids, occassionaly meet a friend for a quick coffee, I cook, I bake, I make cake pops...I try new recipes...there are so many things that I get to do while home on weekend. Things that I normally would have done during the week. So its nice to enjoy these things and not feel like I have to do them, after being gone all week I want to do them. It considered MY time.
What are you plans this Thanksgiving my friends, hopefully you are spending it with your family! We decided to not go to the brother in laws farm this year. Usually the whole Martz clan makes their way up to the farm to enjoy the smells and sounds of country life. We take family walks back in the woods, sit outside and catch up on eachothers lives. Its a great time to hear all about he nieces and nephews, listen to their plans for their futures, hear about their jobs, schooling, meet new love interests...its a great time! However with driving back and fourth to Ottawa weekly, making another 3 hour drive on the weekend isn't too appealling. SO we will stay home, and cook with my parents. We will miss the farm this year...its always a great time. I am trying a couple new recipes this Thanksgiving and I can't wait to share them with you!!
Well Happy Thanksgiving my friends..enjoy your long weekend, loving this gorgeous weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment