Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 09→ Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.

Oh my goodness...I missed this one! Forgot to post it, so here is number 9!

Sadly there has been more than one....
We have had many people come in and out of our lives throughout the years and some of them i have actually cried over losing.
There have been 2 significant ones who I can think of off the top of my head. One was a friend that I met during my first years in college. Back in 1992, I made a great friend Amy...she was a keeper! I just adored her! We kept in touch through my marriage, birth of my son and even my car accident. Unfortunatly when her life turned a corner and she met a man who later became her husband....I struggled with depression. I did visit with her when her first child was born, and then we met up again later after her second child was born. We were at different stages in life, and I was extremely busy raising a child with special needs. She was extremely busy trying to run a household, and bringing in an income to help maintain their home. She just slipped away...it is something that I regret more than anything. She was a great friend, she stood beside me during a very difficult time in my life. Unfortunately I let her go...I was just trying to survive, I was a very sad person and felt I had nothing to offer her. I think deep down I had some jealousy issues because she had two beautiful healthy young children and I was fighting to keep my son alive, in and out of hospitals...it was a bad time for me! I will find her...and I will apologize for not being a better friend to her, and for letting her go!
Another person who I let go of is a male friend who at one time meant the world to me. He was another person who I regret letting go of. I think the reason he is gone is more circumstantial...we have different lives, different friends and I think we both struggled with how we fit into eachothers lives. I miss him, he always made me laugh and was a wondeful asset to my family. Maybe someday we will reconnect...until then I wish him nothing but happiness!
Those are the two off the top of my head who i've let go...there have been numerous doctors, nurses, therapists...families..etc etc.,
But I do believe that people come into our lives for certain reason's, some come and go and others stay! Thankfully the ones who have stayed are the one's I want beside me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment