Monday, April 18, 2011

WOW its been almost a month...


...since I last blogged! Sooo much has changed from then. This morning (which just happens to be the trigger to blog) we survived our first nursing experience. Yes, she came in at 6:45am and finished up at 8am. Obviously I was present, I actually still did most of the work. I had brought in a chair for the nurse to sit and watch me do the morning routine, hoping she'd just observe and ask questions when needed. Well, she had nothing to do with that!! Surprisingly and happily she jumped in and started helping and assisting without hesitation. At first I just wanted her to stay close and watch, but once I realized she was capable and willing to learn...I backed off! She was fabulous and I found myself trusting her immediatley. It will take some time, but she did ask all the right questions which helped my accept her help and respect her knowledge of working in this field.
Overall...mom is happy, hopefully Braden is too.
On a nother note, we are back from Cozumel...it was one of the best trips we had. I will have pictures to show soon and stories to share eventually. I am still recovering, it always takes some time to get back into the swing of things. We have a pretty big meeting tomorrow with our rehab consultant, we are looking for some changes..hopefully that will go smoothly. Braden is back on track with his educational goals...for a little bit I was concerned with his "i don't know what I want to do" attitude. I had thought he had it all figured out, but we/he is not sure he will be ready or prepard to go to NYC university in 2 years. I am excited to say he will more than likely go to a college in Toronto to finish a program, then if all goes well he will then proceed to NYC. I can handle that!! We are back on track with our trip this summer, we had stopped our search for buying a cottage in Nova Scotia but recently have decided to continue to look. We are not in a hurry, but if anything comes available we will definatley seek it out. I have some dinner dates coming up with friends....looking forward to those.
So, all is good...I miss blogging. I will be sure to get back at it ASAP. Well I am off to clean house and do laundry, that never gets done by itself..*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment