Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The spare room transformed...kinda!


Remember a few posts back when I mentioned us re-doing our upstairs spare room? Well its for the most part finished. I wanted to share just a few pictures of what we have done! So below are a few pictures of what we did in the summer time when Ethan was with us for a few weeks.
This picture was taken pre-Ethan's visit, we actually had him help us clean out the room and he personalized it by choosing where he wanted is little bed placed, he picked out a new lamp for the room and brought some toys from home. He liked it, it was his room.

Here is the finished product, all ready for my 7 year old nephew to move in and make it his!

Here is some of the final product post- Ethan! Yep we have "adultized" it! It is one of my favorite rooms in the house, and I love the fact that when we have company, they will have their own room! Most importantly Ethan still has his own room.


Ok, i will admit it isn't finished..looks kinda boring it still needs some decorations. I need a mirror for over top of that red dresser. In time, it will be completed! Unitl then, lets just admire it!!
As much as I love this room and love that Ethan claimed it as his..it still wasn't suitable for adult company. We decided to get a bigger bed for this room and add a few neat details. I really wanted to add an older look, mixed with decorating style from today. So I kept an old dresser which was used for both of my children when they were babies, it was a dresser given to us from Paul's family. It has some meaning, and a new home in the spare room.
Picking out bedding was tough, I wanted something pretty, elegant and colourful...red seems to be screaming out to me for this room..so I went with it.

I love this comforter set, I do need to buy some throw pillows still...but i'm happy with the bed!

I bought the picture that is hanging above the bed at Homesence, it was a great steal! The colours actually match the comforter on the bed. I also bought this smaller dresser for the bedroom kinda sticking with the red theme? I absolutely love it! It has the older antique look that i'm trying to incorporate a little bit throughout my home. I also added this beautiful picture of my nephew..
consideing this room still remains him, even though I will have to change the bedding when he comes for sleepovers!! I can hear it know "Aunt sissy...this is a girl's bed"!! I keep a "boys comforter" in the closet!
I also picked up this old car, its just cute...reminded me of the beach and of Volkswagons which happen to be my favorite cars!

We have many projects going on in this house. I can't wait to share with you my new master bedroom do over!! So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment