Thursday, January 20, 2011

Seriously, Best Meatloaf EVER!!!

This recipe is honestly the best meatloaf I have ever had! We are not a big meatloaf family, but both my kids liked this recipe. I also served chedder cheese mashed potatoe casserole. It was an amazing dinner! I wanted to share this one with you my friends, it is a keeper and we will definatley be doing this again. We actually did not have this for dinner tonight, this was served yesterday. Tonight my mommy and daddy came over and cooked dinner complete with chocolate cake! I was spoiled, it was so nice to have them here tonight. It brought back memories from back in the day when I was in school and working. I loved coming home to my family here!! It was a great day. I have to respect the privacy of a friend, but today I was in London visiting a close family friend. She delivered premature twins about 4 months ago and they are still in hospital. With that said however, these babies are fighters. They are tough little irish boys who are going to kick some serious ass and be home in no time. Its been a long, tiring difficult road for this family, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. This mom is built of strength and ability. She is strong, her fears are validated...they are real. I have no doubt that this couple will overcome their challenges together.
I was honoured today to have the opportunity to be there for her, I had the chance to cuddle the babies and spend some real quality time with mom. We have different stories, trials and tribulations but we have the same feelings about raising our special children. She is going to be fine...I have faith in that!!
Enjoy this recipe friends...its a good one!!
What You Need1 large onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup Kraft Calorie-Wise Zesty Italian Dressing
1-1/2 lb. (675 g) extra lean ground beef
3/4 cup ketchup, divided
1 pkg. (120 g) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for Chicken
3/4 cup water
2 egg whites
1/2 cup shredded Cracker Barrel Old Cheddar Cheese Light



Make ItHEAT oven to 375°F. Cook onions in dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 8 to 10 min. or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
MIX meat, onions, 1/4 cup ketchup, stuffing mix, water and egg whites. Shape into 10x5-inch oval loaf in 13x9-inch baking dish; cover with remaining ketchup.


BAKE 55 min. to 1 hour or until cooked through (160°F). Sprinkle with cheese; bake 2 min. or until melted.


The picture below is my potatoe casserole, it was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment