Monday, November 22, 2010

Monday's Menu...Sweet-Sticky-Orange-Chicken


What You Need1 large navel orange
1/4 cup Kraft Signature Asian Sesame Dressing
2 Tbsp. lite soy sauce
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 lb. (450 g) boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
1 Tbsp. minced gingerroot
1 clove garlic, minced
1 large red pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
Make It
GRATE 1 tsp. zest from orange. Use small sharp knife to cut remaining peel and white pith from orange; cut orange into bite-size pieces. Mix zest, dressing, soy sauce, sugar and crushed pepper.

COOK
chicken in nonstick skillet on high heat 5 to 6 min. or until done, stirring frequently. Add ginger and garlic; cook and stir on medium-high heat 2 min. Add red peppers; cook 2 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Transfer to bowl; cover to keep warm.

ADD
dressing mixture to skillet; cook and stir 1 to 2 min. or until thickened, stirring constantly. Add chicken mixture; cook and stir 2 min. or until heated through. Stir in oranges; spoon onto platter.
Let's try this one!! I didn't make this tonight for dinner because it was a crazy day running around getting tests done on Kailey. However, I think I will make it tomorrow but I am cheating with the chicken. I am going to use some cooked chicken pieces...the ones that you use for chicken wraps...it probably won't be the best, but i have to use up this chicken.
I will document and post this tomorrow. I was pleasantly surprised last week when Candy told me that she used the potatoe casserole recipe. It was nice to hear that someone tried one of my ideas! It made my day...Thanks Candy!!
Well a little update on Kailey, she saw her pediatrician today and he does not think its her sciatic. He isn't completely sure whats wrong, but he is being VERY thourough, which is what I love about him. I also didn't realize how much she was hurting and how bad her range of motion really was. I would like to think that if Kailey was in alot of pain she would have stopped her activities. But like the doctor said everyone's pain threshold is different. He did some assessments in his office, asked a few questions about her eye sight, blurry vision, rashes..etc, at this point I began to panick slightly...was he trying to get at MS??
Thankfully she responded with the right answers...however it was too late I had a bad feeling. I guess the concerning part with this is that there was no injury...so why the pain?
All is well for know, she was put on an anti-inflammatory/painkiller and was told absolutely NO activity until he has some answers. She had x-rays and blood work today, he is looking at her muscle and bone function. Once he gets the results we will return to the office and treatment will be suited towards whatever is found. If nothing is found which is what I am hoping, then I am sure physiotherapy will start ASAP and we will get her back on the ice soon!
So, that's where we are at! I feel bad for her as she was so excited to have made the hockey team at school...I am praying this is short lived and treatable, which I am 95% certain it is!!
Good night my friends and god bless

2 comments:

  1. YOur new menu looks great, hmm might have to try that one too.
    I have been thinking of you guys and wondering how Kailey was doing, I hope its something small o that she can get on with her hockey, I know how happy she was to make the team, hang in there things will work out fine, she is a healthy fit child, probably the most fit child I know. Call if you need anything I will be there! Take care
    love you guys,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Candy...we are hoping for great news! I will keep you posted, Kailey seems just fine with things...secretly she is probably thrilled to have a bit of a break!! LOL, not to long of one though!
    Love ya,
    Hugs and kisses to the kids!

    ReplyDelete