Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesday`s Reflection...


It feels like its been so long since I have had a reflection blog. Tonight I picked an important family day that I thought I would share with you. In 2006 our family chose to get....INKED!!


Yes, we all got a tattoo which symbolized to us the value of strength, determination, dedication, perserverence and love. We chose the "GO FORWARD" Superman symbol to signify our families strength and courage. When a family over comes a trauma or catastrophy and it doesn't ruin everything about you...it then makes you stronger, not only individually but also as a family.
Thankfully we did survive with the strength of eachother, the strength of our faith and love. We pulled through, it has been a very long journey and still to this day we rely on eachother. It has certainly taught us how to come together, work as a team and hold eachother up in times of despair.
I guess the biggest reason for the tattoo was to give us (our family) a constant, daily reminder of not only our own courage but the courage of our family...as a team!
Some of our family put different saying's below the Superman symbol such as my mom...she put "Family", my Uncle Dave put his initals and I think Braden's initials as well and Aunt Flick also put Family. The rest of us put "GO FORWARD" for obvious reasons. Mainly in life our mono has been to keep going forward, don't stop and never give up. When someone stops the fight, so many terrible things can happen. Depression, anger, guilt and regret are just a few.
I will admit...sometimes I unfortunately look back and forget to go forward! Some days are still hard, it just creeps up on me...it is forever a part of who I am but as long as I keep going forward it will NOT define who I am.
So, here I share a picture of us all..excluding my cousin, aunt and uncle because they got them done after us and then surprised us.
After we got our tattoo's we headed back to mom and dad's for dinner and a cake, we remembered the day of the accident and talked about the course of that day. We laughed at some of the things we use to do to keep our heads up and to keep smiling. It was a beautiful day..it was triumphant and I was proud of us. We are survivor's, and we know have a reminder of that. I don't regret getting the tattoo, it is a sign of strength and it is a symbol of my most amazing family.
Just for the record...the kids did not get a tattoo, they have ones that were drawn on..courtesy of uncle Shaun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment