Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday's Menu....



Tonight I tried two new recipes...and let me remind you how easy all my recipes are. I am a big believer in easy, fast and healthy meals. Most everyone I know is usually sitting down to dinner inbetween 5:50-6:00, scarfing down a meal...hopefully managing for the most part to sit as a family. Then family members running out the door to sports, jobs or other activities. THis is our household at least 3 evenings a week. Most times its Kailey and Paul rushing out but on the occassion I am running Kailey here or there or meeting up with a friend...Braden has one late night through the week, but is lucky enough to be home most of the weeknights. Most of his stuff is working out and rehab, but he makes up for it on the weekend with Hockey in Kitchener on Saturdays and then hockey on Sundays in Toronto.
With all that said, it explains the easy meals. I love to have a sit down dinner and most nights it can't be a difficult menu, and don't forget you can't go out powerskating or playing squash on a full stomach...so most dinners are light.
Tonight I accompanied these fabulous potatoes with bbq'd chicken legs and this wonderful harvest salad. I didn't really like this salad with Ranch dressing so I think I will try something different to go with it next time.


Fall Harvest Salad

What You Need
1 Tbsp. Kraft Rancher's Choice Dressing
1/2 cup Granny Smith apple wedges
1/4 cup red grapes
4 slices deli shaved oven roasted turkey breast, cut into strips
2 cups torn mixed salad greens
1/4 cup Kraft Double Cheddar Shredded Cheese
1-1/2 tsp. Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits
Make It
POUR dressing into bottom of resealable container. Add apples; toss to coat.

LAYER
with remaining ingredients. Seal container.

TOSS
salad to coat with dressing just before serving.



Mashed Potatoe Casserole

What You Need
2 lb. (900 g) Yukon gold potatoes (about 6), peeled, quartered
2 Tbsp. non-hydrogenated margarine
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup Kraft Double Cheddar Shredded Cheese
2 Tbsp. Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits
Make It
COOK potatoes in boiling water in large saucepan 20 min. or until tender; drain. Return to pan.

HEAT oven to 350ºF. Add margarine and sour cream to potatoes; mash until smooth. Spoon half into 1.5-L casserole; cover with layers of cheese, remaining potato mixture and bacon bits.
BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until heated through


So, I have been putting alot of thought into whether or not I will continue to blog after Jan 1, 2011...and I think my decision is going to be..."occassionally." I am proud of myself for sticking too it, hopefully I make it. To be honest its been difficult these past couple months. I don't really blog about everything going on in my life, somethings need to be private. But with the kids being teenagers and not little kids or babies anymore the topics are more challenging. Besides, I have to respect their privacy and not blog to personally.
I did get alot out of this experience, and I have loved the support that you who read have given me! Am i still motivated to write that book? Honestly...no! I have had some disappointments along the way, and upset with a few things...but maybe once I am done this blogging thing I will get my desire back?!
I have 3 months left...I know I can do it! It is getting hard, but I won't give up!
I think its time to start thinking about Christmas?
Snow.

Cold.

Hot Chocolate.

Tiny Marshmellows.

Cozy winter nights.

2 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job blogging, proud of you for keeping it up :) You will get motivated to write your book and I will be first in line to buy one and I want it signed inside the front cover when I buy it. you are still very busy with the kids, I think once that winds down you will want to write the book, still lots of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWe Thanks Candy and I do appreciate your consistant support and encouragement. Yes, I hope the desire comes back to write the book, as of now...I am not to interested!! We will see...
    Thanks for the comments, love ya!!

    ReplyDelete