Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday's Menu...



What You Need
1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix 1 pkg.
(4-serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
1/3 cup KOOL-AID Orange Flavor
Sugar-Sweetened Soft Drink Mix 2 Tbsp. hot water
1 can (16 oz.) ready-to-spread white frosting
24 OREO Cookies
12 pieces black string licorice (32 inch each)
48 miniature candy-coated chocolate pieces
Make It
PREPARE
cake batter as directed on package; blend in dry pudding mix. Spoon evenly into 24 paper-lined medium muffin cups. Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool completely.

DISSOLVE
drink mix in hot water. Stir into frosting until blended. Frost cupcakes, reserving some frosting for attaching candies.

CUT each licorice piece into sixteen 2-inch pieces; set aside. Place 1 cookie on top of each cupcake. Insert 4 licorice pieces into each side of each cookie for the "spider's legs." (Eight licorice pieces for each cookie.) Add 2 candy-coated chocolate pieces to top of each cookie using some of the reserved frosting for the "spider's eyes."
Is anyone else thinking Halloween yet? Today was the first day that I thought about it. Actually I was thinking more about Autumn and how its just around the corner. But as most of you know, Halloween is like one of my favorite times of the year, I absolutely love halloween!! Its different now because the kids are older, but I still love to make the treats, decorate my house and watch scary movies through this time of the season. Maybe this year we will find a party to go to and get dressed up. Last year we didn't go to one, but we did make it to a house party for a couple hours.
Today Ethan and I went to see Nanny McPhee Returns...it was a cute movie, we both enjoyed it alot. It was kinda of a dull day outside with the weather being crappy, so we went to a movie. Tomorrow I'd like to head to Ikea because I need light bulbs for Kailey's new lamp. Not sure if we'll go or not?! Anyways, its been hard to blog lately, I haven't got much to say....life is resuming to normalcy. I will have to learn to look outside the box and come up with some blogging topics...more to come my friends. I promise to spruce this baby up!! Hang tight and hang on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment