Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Guess What I did Today??



Absolutely NOTHING!!! That's right my friends...I did nothing! FInally, a day to just think about me! It has been along time coming but I think that makes you appreciate it more!
I was telling Candy today that since I have left facebook, I have read about 5 books! For me, that's pretty good! I know some people have enough time in their lives to read a book in one day...unfortunately or fortunately that's not me! I am very pleased with my success and I am currently enjoying a book by Elin Hilderbrand and its called "The Island", this one is an easy read...one you might take to the cottage. Nonetheless...I am enjoying it!

I actually ended my day the same way that I started it..outside, with a cup of tea , my dogs and my book! In the morning the sun was rising off to the left and this evening the sun was setting behind me to the right, it was so relaxing...exactly what I needed!
Summer is slowing winding down, I noted tonight that the sun went down earlier and there was a cool breeze in the air, it was the perfect evening. I am seeing Back to School commercials and the stores are putting out all the school supplies. I must admit, I don't think that I am quite ready...I love our summer mornings!
Well I hope everyone is happy and taking advantage of our last couple weeks of summer. I am meeting a friend tomorrow for dinner, haven't seen her in over a year! I am looking forward to that, we are going to that place in Paris that I told you about awhile ago it's called "The Brown Dog". We have lots to catch up on, both of us busy with kids, marriage, friends and family. Good night my friends...

1 comment:

  1. Mosy people take for granted those little things in life like reading a book or having time to themselves, I am glad you found time to read a book well a few, you need to find time for you, not sure whe and how you find it but I am so glad you do. I agree summer is winding down and I am not liking it lol, I enjoy having the kids home. Since we did our back yard almost done, its been nice to sit on the deck and enjoy the evenings. Have a good dinner with your friend.
    love ya

    ReplyDelete