Thursday, August 19, 2010

Family Matters Thursday...



What?? You say..Family Matters is suppose to be on Friday? What in the heck are you doing Chrissy? Why are you mixing it all up on us? Well, my friends you are just going to have to wait and see what captivates my attention tomorrow!
So, just because tomorrow I have an important blog to fill..today I have a topic that I can guarantee will effect you and your family. My topic is family vacations and the importance of spending time with your children. As you know, we as a family like to travel about two times a year...sometimes more and sometime less. Sometimes its just a get away to Toronto and sometimes its a trip to Mexico. For the most part vacationing with your children is alot of work and most parents dread the preparing, planning and of course the cost. I have found that since my children are becoming teenagers it is getting more and more difficult to expect them to want to do the things that we want to do. I know that some families are preparing to include boyfriends and girlfriends into family holidays just to get their children to go on a holiday with them. We found this holiday bringing a friend for each kid probably was the best thing we could have done. It truly was one of our best vacations...not the most relaxing but one that we could enjoy and the kids could enjoy as well.
Paul and I were talking this morning about when our last holiday alone together was...and we are pretty sure it was about 6 years ago! We are certainly over due, and will be working on a get away together very soon. However...with that said, the thought of going away without the kids, at this stage of life kinda makes me sad! We really do love having them on vacation with us! They are funny, well behaved, articulate and over all great people and we all manage to travel well together.
Besides, in a couple years...both kids will be very busy with school, friends, social lives, jobs and career searching, that vacationing with their parents will probably not even be a thought anymore. Eventually Kailey will be heading to islands with friends (never over christmas, my rule forever!!) and Braden I am sure will have a few staff hired inorder to accomadate his desires to become a New Yorker!
So, really?? Dad, if you are reading..I suggest that you stop here!! I am no longer going to wish for the long, hot, relaxing, sun and sex filled weeks (sorry mom!) in the tropics...because in no time...we will have it all! For know, I will sit back
and be thankful that I can still drag my children out of the country, into the city and far out into the great Canadian woods to spend time with us, make memories and naturally drive eachother crazy! I am so thankful for the time I have with them, sometimes we take it for granted...but time goes by so quickly, I must live for the moment...with my kids!

1 comment:

  1. I stopped reading at sex filled weeks.
    Hahahaha, just kidding!! :)

    I love spending time with you guys, well, everybody. I don't know how to describe it, but I spend so much time with my mom / parents, so being here sometimes just us in the mornings, while I eat toast (which I rarely do back home) for a few minutes talking starts my days off the best way it ever could being 1600 miles away from my own home.(Damn that was one hell of a long run on sentence.) I Love you guys so much, this summer was absolutely amazing, seriously, New York City, a dream come true, NYC with my best friend, and the family that is so accepting I feel just at home with and so comfortable with, is honestly the most unbelievable, and most amazing experience ever.

    :)

    ReplyDelete