Thursday, August 26, 2010

Beach Day Today...


Today was wonderful, except for the fact that I am suffering from a terrible sore throat and chest cold. Kail, Ethan and I went to the beach with Candy, Kels, and Riley...it was a bit chilly but that didn't seem to stop the kids from swimming. Candy and I sat on the beach, catching up on life while the kids played and swam. It was relaxing, unfortunatly I had bouts of "not feeling well" however I think I did pretty good with keeping up with the conversation and still laughing with the kids.

Kailey applying the wax to her skin board...the kids had some fun with it,Kailey needs more practice but she did good!



Funny story:
So, as Candy and I are sitting on the beach I had noticed that the women behind us was sunbathing while lying on her back without a top on. I will admit that I was shocked to see it, but I wasn't as bothered as I thought I might have been. I mean it is legal now, but its something that our society is not accustomed too. Regardless, there she was in all her glory. Well as we are walking up to the van to pack up our stuff i see that Ethan who let me remind you is 7 years old happens to notice this women who is lying on a towel with her breasts exposed. I decided not to give Ethan a reaction, and just wait to see how he handles it. He was totally taking a peek, but definately not staring I was pretty impressed and figured I would be questioned in the van about this womens choice to sunbath without a top.
All of a sudden, Ethan calls out to me.."Aunt Sissy (this is what he has called me since he was a baby) I have to go back and see if I left something back there".
Immediately I knew what he was doing!! HE was going back for a second peek true to MacPhee nature..he was totally heading back to gawk at this womens boobs! When he returned, he was smiling and had said that he thought there was a Tim Horton cup left on the beach...LOL, I grinned at him and laughed, teasing him that he just wanted to see that ladies boobies again...he laughed sooo hard! He was busted and he didn't even fight it! We all laughed and he loved the attention, of course questions followed and we dealt with it accordingly. I of course called him a little pervert, which he in turn told me that he couldn't wait to tell his friend "Kauzmeen" about the boobs on the beach. Candy's son Riley then said to Ethan, Oh so now you want to turn your friend into a pervert too...Ethan's response was.."No, he was already one"! Too funny, even Riley was shocked at the response! Overall, it was great! The weather was a bit chilly but there was no rain.
Today made me think of the fall again, I am looking forward to thanksgiving. I love this weather and I love the autumn and what the new season brings!


Riley looking oh so handsome on the beach!

2 comments:

  1. Love this blog Chrissy. One of my favourite subjects.... :)... Kelsey always shines when the camera comes out but how did you get such a nice picture of Riley. He normally doesn't like the camera when it's aimed at him.
    Keep blogging. Love you xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Ah I can't get the boobs out of my head lol, time and place, but Ethans reaction will always stay with me lol, he is adorable and you have no idea what is going to come out of that cute little mouth of his LOL. I love the pics. we had a fun time, kids were exhausted lol. Was a nice way to sepnd the afternoon, thanks for coming was such as nice way to spend the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete