Thursday, July 22, 2010

Toy Story 3..

A Uncle is a joy to remember your whole life through.
Tonight we had a family night! Yes all of us went out for dinner to Moose Winooski's and then headed over to the theatre to watch Toy Story 3. It was a great movie, everyone who has already seen it warned me that I would cry...they were right! Not only did I cry but Paul teared up and Kailey as well. It was a nice evening, great to have the kids both out with us...I love to touch base once in awhile and have some time together~
I really have not to much to say tonight, I am pretty tired and my brain kinda feels blank?!I am looking forward to our trip to New York City, and we are also heading to a friends cottage for a few nights...just Kailey, Ethan and I! My uncle Wayne called today..it was nice to hear from him again! "Hi Uncle Wayne", he told me that he has been reading my blogs, which was a pleasant surprise...he was very supportive and told me that I am doing a great job and he enjoys very much reading them. When I think of my Uncle Wayne, I have so many memories of him when we were growing up. He is a great uncle, always interested in our lives, always giving his time to us...I hope he knows that even though life is busy and sometimes crazy, we think of him often and appreciate his presence in our lives. When I had my car accident and we were living at the ROnald MacDonald House for months...every Sunday my Uncle Wayne would show up and bring some sort of dinner prepared and made by him with love. It meant so much to us, you see...every Sunday before the accident we had a family dinner. When he would show up with Sunday dinners..it gave us that tradition back, it gave us some normalcy...even if it was only for a few hours. It gave us the needed time to reconnect, laugh, cry or even provided us with enough time away from the hospital that we could breathe without smelling the scents of pain, fear or sadness in that old hospital environment. It was good to get out of there once in awhile and we needed it!
Well, I guess I found my topic tonight..lol, it just came to me my friends, I guess I wanted him to know that I love him, and I am blessed he is my uncle!

Just a little Ollie update, he is saftly sleeping in his bed tonight. Candy and her kids already attempted an abduction. Thankfully I caught the little buggers trying to stuff him into Candy's beach bag and then trying to put a shirt over top of him so that I couldn't see him! Nice try MacPhee family...security at the Martz Residence is on high alert!!
I have posted a picture below of Ollie with is new shirt on...it is an XSmall but still too big for him! He so hates it...lol, I don't care though..I will continue to torture him with cute little outfits!

1 comment:

  1. You are right, even uncle Wayne comes and visits us. Nice to be able to stay in touch with family!
    Wow you are still upset about Ollie, we were only going to borrow him for a little while. That was so funny I didnt even tell my kids they just took part in the evil abduction atempt lol. he is a cute dog, poot ollie you are going to drive him crazy! I paid off teh security guards might want to hire new ones lol!

    ReplyDelete