Friday, July 30, 2010

Family Matters...Optimisim


Optimists are people who refuse to feel helpless and don’t give up when faced with seemingly impossible problems. They expect to succeed, believe in themselves and remain positive.

Optimists are less likely to suffer from depression.
Optimists are more likely to recognise and think about their past signs of successes and what they did to succeed.
The more optimistic children are, the more able they are to succeed and have a sense of the future, and of being able to make friends and learn at school.
Optimistic thinking has words like - maybe, sometimes, usually, possibly, perhaps.

Today we had a rough start to the day...I am not going to devuldge any information inoder to not embarrass anyone. However, I really wish a certain someone would learn to communicate and work together in situations. If this special person would only realize that things are not always going to go the way they want and understand that I try very hard to make things work out for the best. Life would be alot easier if only they could be more optimistic and try to make the best out of any situation that they find themselves in.

Why is optimism important?
Remember the story of the little red engine from your childhood? When faced with the challenge of climbing the hill, the little red engine said to itself over and over again “I think I can, I think I can”. As it came nearer to the top of the hill it changed its chant to “I know I can!”

If, like the engine, children believe they can, they are more likely to give things a go


Optimists

Psychologists who work with athletes ‘to win’ often help them develop images of themselves succeeding or ‘self talk’ to help them remain positive through hours of training. This is optimism in practice.

With that said....we will move forward from here!
Today I picked Kailey up at her friends trailer..she was gone for the week. They all looked so tired but looked like they had a ton of fun. We are home for a few days and then off again early next week. I am so looking forward to this get away. I am not sure about the blogging...but I will keep track of my days and then post when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment