Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dinner with the in-laws!


Tonight we had Paul's Dad and his lady friend Suzanne over for dinner. Suzanne loves pasta so I made spagetti which she actually loves. They both look fantastic and it was so nice to get caught up with them. I just love my father in law, he is truely a very kind, supportive, caring man. He loves to listen and learn all about his grandchildren, he loves to watch all 16 of them in their choice of sports, he is so supportive that way. He is also so proud of his own kids, when Paul finished our basement he beamed with pride. He was so impressed with Pauls handy work. Suzanne is wonderful for him, they are great companions and I admire that they can laugh with one another...something I hope Paul and I can continue to do as we age.
Today I cleaned out my cupboards, I need to get a couple new plates. I love pottery, I just love the imperfections that each piece brings to the table...i think I will go out and look at some new pieces soon. They will look so nice behind the glass in the cupboards.
Kailey left for Ottawa this morning, I was up so early to drop her off at school...I was happy for her! She loves her friends and she loves to spend time with them. I will miss her like crazy while she is gone. My neighbours daughter and son live in Ottawa and Steph contacted Kailey to tell her that if she needed anything she could call her. I know Kailey will be just fine, but its nice to know that someone is there just incase! I was relieved.
Well my friends, Paul and I are off to watch a movie...short blog tonight, so sorry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment