Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Volunteering...oh the joys!


This is going to be a short blog, as my friends have figured out I write short blogs when I am tired. If I would have planned this better I could have blogged today and have been free tonight.
Tonight I volunteered down at the arena with Yvette and Terry. Cambridge Ringette is still in the midst of tryouts and even though Kailey was not on ice tonight, the association still needs people to help run it. I have never really had the chance to volunteer like I did this evening, mostly due to school or the fact that I was working 12 hour days at one time. I know that's not really an excuse because to be honest mostly all of the volunteer's and association executives work full time jobs on top of what they due for Ringette. Let me tell you, I would not want the work load that most if them carry. Tonight, it really did hit me..these people with busy lives really do put alot of time and attention into this ringette world to make sure each child developes, succeeds and has fun doing so.
There is always somesort of drama going on, and its unfortunate when people don't see eye to eye, but with that said we all want what's best for our children. I had a good time, I met some of the older girls who Kail, speaks so highly of and admires from afar. Kailey came out too, she did a small bit of volunteering..they have to start somewhere!!

No comments:

Post a Comment