Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tryouts, sweat and tears..


Last night was the first Junior AA tryout for Cambridge ringette. This is such a big deal for Kailey and all the girls trying out. They are growing up and this level of play is so different from what they are use to playing. Even though it a time of nervousness and a little bit of fear, its still exciting and thrilling. It was nice to see where Kailey kinda placed amoungst the 34 girls who came out to tryout for the Cambridge team. I thought she looked pretty good, she worked so hard and came off the ice totally and utterly exhausted! I was more impressed that Kailey herself felt good and somewhat confident with her performance out there. To be honest I thought all the girls from last years team looked fabulous, and you could see the difference with their endurance compared to many of them out there. I'm not sure if Kailey will make AA or not, and she is not getting too confident...anything is possible and I think we are both being realistic about that. I will say though, if she continue's to have tryouts like she did last night...well then there will be nothing stopping her from getting on this team. Good Luck Kailey! and good luck to all the turbo girlies, I think you are all superstars!!

1 comment:

  1. They are all talented young ladies! I remember watching them when they first started to now and they have turned into athletes! Go Turbos I think you all will have a good chance at AA. Kailey you worked so hard to get where you are! I think you might suprise yourself!!
    love you guys :) Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete